Chapter 9: Wait for me

Please, wait for me

Please, wait for me

Although I know the light is fading fast

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alice spotted Clint, Nat, and Steve being swarmed by the Chitauri, so she sprinted toward them, eager to help. Killing a few Chitauri around them, Alice found herself joined by Thor, who used to kill the other creatures.

"What's the story upstairs?" Steve asked Thor.

"The power surrounding the Cube is impenetrable," the Asgardian declared.

"Thor's right," Alice heard Tony from Steve's intercoms, "We got to deal with these guys."

"How do we do this?" Natasha questioned.

"As a team," Steve firmly answered.

Thor sighed, "I have unfinished business with Loki."

"So do I," Alice whispered. Natasha caught her words and raised an eyebrow.

"What did you say, Onyx?" Clint asked, trying to understand if he heard her correctly.

"Nothing, just thinking out loud," she quickly replied. "Look at that huge worm up there! Maybe someone should kill it! Well, since no one offered, here I go take care of it. Bye, stay safe!" Alice darted towards the enormous beast before the other could ask her more questions.

"Wow, nice save dumbass," she facepalmed herself as she looked at the beast, just a few feet away. "I'm the boss, I can do this. I'm the boss, I can do this!"

Gaining confidence, Alice jumped on top of the Chitauri creature, stabbing it repeatedly in the eyes with her knives, "Die, you horrible monster! Die! Die! Die!" However, the beast didn't die, nor did it budge. "Fuck it, I'm doing it the old-fashioned way." Jumping down from the creature, she ran as fast as she could, so she was facing it.

"What are you doing, Alice?" Steve yelled from behind. The rest of team was staring, waiting to see what she was going to do.

"I'm gonna kill this fucking thing!" When the creature was close enough, she gathered all her strength and punched it. Tony blasted it, making it fall dead on the ground. "Fucking finally..."

Looking at her right side, she noticed the Hulk, staring at her. "Hum, hey Mr Hulk..."

"Guys..." Natasha pointed to the hole on the sky, where more of those giant worms were emerging.

"Call it, Captain," Tony said.

"Alright, listen up," Cap begun to explain the plan. "Until we can close that portal, our priority is containment. Barton, I want you on that roof. Eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash."