Chapter 13: Idiots

You're an asshole but I love you

And you make me so mad, I ask myself

Why I'm still here, or where could I go

You're the only love I've ever known

But I hate you, I really hate you

So much I think it must be

True love, true love

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alice, Loki, and Thor found themselves in an anticipatory stop, awaiting Lady Sif's arrival with Jane Foster by her side. As Jane approached, a mix of surprise and disgust crossed her face.

"You're..." Jane started, her worlds trailing off.

"I'm Loki, you may have heard of me," the god responded with a hint of pride.

Without warning, Jane's right hand delivered a resounding slap to Loki's face. Thor and Lady Sif exchanged uncertain glances, while Alice burst into laughter, thoroughly entertained by the unfolding scene.

That was for New York," Jane clarified, her frustration evident.

Loki grinned at the astrophysicist before turning to his brother, "I liker her." He then faced Alice, who was now glaring at him, "But I like you better, my love."

"Cut the crap," she warned him, "Let's go before the guards find us."

As Alice spoke, the metallic clinking of armour and approaching footsteps echoed down the hall. Panic ensued as a voice shouted, "There they are! Take them."

Lady Sif swiftly moved forward, declaring, "I'll hold them off. Take her."

Thor nodded appreciatively, "Thank you."

Alice joined Lady Sif, "I'll help her."

"No, no, no," Loki protested, grabbing Alice's wrist, "I'm not leaving you out of my sight ever again, Alice."

Alice raised an eyebrow before rolling her eyes, "So, you decided to stop being an asshole?"

Thor and Janed moved ahead, with Alice following closely behind. When she noticed Loki wasn't by her side, she turned around to find Lady Sif, sword against his neck. While Alice glared at the warrior, Loki merely smiled, and withing moments, he was back by Alice's side.

"What was that back there?" Alice questioned, concerned. "Did she hurt you? If she did, I will fight her. I don't care if she's an Asgardian or on the same side as we are; I will fight her."