Chapter 43: Criminals

Oh, darling

Oh, darling

Please, believe me

I'll never do you no harm

Believe me when I tell you

I'll never do you no harm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Daisy's exceptional piloting skills, they arrived in Bucharest a mere eight hours later, greeted by the morning sun. Daisy expertly landed the Quinjet, discreetly hiding it behind a building to ensure Alice could slip away unnoticed among the bustling civilians.

"Thank you, Daisy, for everything," Alice expressed her gratitude as she disembarked from the ship, feeling a mix of relief and apprehension about the task ahead.

Daisy flashed a warm smile. "I've got a soft spot, what can I say?" she quipped her eyes twinkling with genuine affection. "Just make sure not to lose your man this time."

"He's not my-" Alice began to protest, but Daisy cut her off with a knowing chuckle.

"I know, I know, he's not your man," Daisy teased, a hint of playfulness in her tone. "Good luck, Alice. I hope everything goes well."

"Thank you, Daisy. And remember, if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to contact me," Alice replied sincerely, exchanging a heartfelt hug before setting off on her mission to find Bucky.

Following Daisy's intel, Alice navigated through the streets of Bucharest, her heart pounding with anticipation. After scanning the market for what felt like an eternity, she finally spotted him near a kiosk. The weather was warm, but the man was wearing leather gloves. It had to be him.

"Buck?" she called out, her voice laced with urgency as she approached him. He tensed, prepared to flee, but paused as their eyes met. "Fuck, it's really you. Come on, we gotta go. They're coming for us."

Without waiting for a response, Alice grabbed his hand and guided him quickly through the crowds.

"I gotta grab some things from my apartment," Bucky stated as they hurried along.

"Okay, but let's make it quick," Alice agreed, her concern for his safety evident in her tone as they hastened their pace.

"You're not gonna ask if I did it?" Bucky interjected, his voice tinged with doubt as they neared his residence.

"I know you didn't do it," Alice affirmed confidently, her firm trust in him unwavering. "You're not like that anymore, Buck."

"Where were you? What happened?" Bucky's voice trembled with concern as he gazed at Alice, his eyes reflecting months of separation and worry. "I've been so worried, Alice."