Chapter 50: Revenge

We'll sit

We'll sit

And talk the stars down from the sky

And I'll not forget the chaos in your eyes love

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Alice prepared herself for the impeding battle against Thanos and his army, a whirlwind of emotions churned within her. It was going to be a bloody battle and she was afraid that some of her friends would not make it. She tried to shake these thoughts off her mind as she geared up to go to battle.

Her suit, crafted from resilient material that rivalled vibranium in strength, hugged her form tightly, adorned with subtle blue accents that traced intricate lines across her chest and down each leg. At her hips, a belt laden with an array of weaponry, including guns and her signature black knives and double-edged sword, served as a testament to her readiness for combat. She secured the holster Shuri had made for her on her back, attaching a machine gun previously. Lastly, the boots – black combat boots that were just a few inches below her knees with blue shoelaces.

As she stood before the mirror, scrutinizing her reflection, a wave of apprehension washed over her, mingled with a faint glimmer of determination. She tucked two extra knives into her boots, a silent gesture of readiness for the impending battle that lay ahead.

A knock at the door disrupted her trance, and the sound of Bucky's voice calling out to her stirred her from her thoughts.

"Hey, you ready?" she heard him say from the other side of the door.

"Yeah, just a minute!" Alice yelled back, her heart fluttering with a mixture of anticipation and anxiety.

Upon opening the door, she was met with Bucky's admiring gaze, his words of praise washing over her like a soothing balm.

"You look..." he stuttered, "pretty. You look very pretty."

"Thanks, Buck," she replied, returning his smile with warmth.

"Are they already here?" Alice inquired, referring to Steve, Sam, Natasha, Wanda, Vision, Bruce, and Rhodey. Her eagerness to reunite with her friends was palpable. She missed them too much, especially Natasha and Steve, her closest friends.

"Yeah, they're right at the entrance. T'Challa and the Dora Milaje are welcoming them." Bucky informed her. "We should probably go," he added, prompting them to set off towards the entrance.

As they walked the corridors, Alice couldn't shake the lingering warmth of the "I love you" exchanged between them just hours before. It had slipped out in the heat of the moment, fuelled by the impending battle and uncertain future, but now she found herself questioning its implications. Were they dating now? Was this something more than friendship? The uncertainty gnawed at her, but for now, she pushed it aside, focusing on the battle.