THIRTY FOUR

"It was always you." F. Scott Fitzgerald

Warnings: fluff 🥺, slight cussing

Don't play song yet please!

Noah's pov (Friday 8:00 am 7 hours until prom)

7 hours. 7 hours. FUCK- IM NOT READY, "NOAH!!!" I looked down at Christa who was frowning, "Your mom has been calling you for the past 10 minutes!" "Hon it's okay! Noah spaces out a lot." She laughed defending me, I apologized and walked over to my mom who was sitting down on the couch. "So I hear your prom is today?" I nodded, "Yeah I'm a little nervous." "Why honey?" I explained everything to her, and she listened, "You wanna know how your father first asked me on a date? You know when we were still happy."

I nodded, "He took me to a rose garden and we sat down in the middle of a bunch of flowers, and he asked me, 'Will you let me have the honor of taking you out on a date?'" She laughed, "It was a bit cheesy, that he took me out to a rose garden just to ask me on a date, but that's what made it special." Wow. So he was a good man before. "I'm sure if you guys have gotten close, and you can feel the connection between you two, in sure he'll agree to go on a date with you." "Ya think so..?" She nodded smiling, that does help me a bit with being confident.

I'm really really hoping he agrees.

Later (4:00 1 hour until prom)

^ Everyone's outfits

"Alrighty, Derek you stay here with Blake so you two get to the house after the rest of us." Christa said adjusting her sweater and fixing her hair, "Got it. So we start heading there at 4:30 right?" Christa nodded, "Alright let's get going just to make sure all the food and drinks are there." Derek said his goodbyes to everyone as they left the house and to their cars to head to the house, as he stayed and went up to Blake's room. "Blake you ready?" There was no response so Derek knocked once more again hearing nothing.

He turned the door nob and it was open so he let himself in, seeing Blake sitting on his bed. "You okay?" He heard him sigh so he sat down next to him, "What's wrong?" "Nervous. I don't really go to parties, or whatever." "C'mon it'll be okay, trust me when I say that it'll be really fun, and it'll be worth it." Blake turned his head over to face Derek confused, "Why?" Derek laughed standing up and walking back to the door, "If you come you'll see." Blake chuckled standing up fixing his tie before following Derek out the house and to his car.