3) Leave her out of this.

"Stop staring at me you creep"

"How you-"

"You aren't even trying to hide it, pray tell, am i that breath taking huh"

"Don't praise yourself now"

"You're giving me the chance to praise myself, and to annoy you" He said finally taking his eyes of his book.

"Can't help myself, god really has favourites" You said, mentally slapping yourself. Ash chuckled and put his book down as he flicked your forehead.

"Ow" you said in a monotone tone.

"It's time, library is closing up y/n." Said the blonde, pointing towards the window.

You nodded as you grabbed your bag and put your book away, making your way to the exit.

Ash and you were slowly starting to become friends? It had been 2 months since your first encounter with him. Both of you could call each other a friend. Every day you sat across the blonde in the library, sitting in comfortable silence and getting absorbed in the world of books. You sometimes even brought coffee for him since you worked at the coffee shop and were a pro at it which he really loved. Both of you usually departed ways at the exit of the library and wished each other a good night. You never liked the idea of having a "friend", but you didn't necessarily hate what you had with Ash. He was a kind person to you who shared the same book interests as you. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Thanks for the coffee y/n."

"Don't worry about it" You said staring at his gorgeous eyes.

"Stop staring and get home safely, it's starting to get darker earlier so you should start leaving the library earlier."

"Yes mom, will do." You said in a sarcastic tone.

"Please don't call me that- Shit." He yanked your wrist which almost caused you to trip down the stairs.

"Ash wtf what are you doin-" He started running as he pulled your wrist tightly before you could even complete your sentence.

"Shit indeed." You said when you noticed a group of men running behind you. trying to shoot the blonde.

You took your wrist away from him and increased your running speed as Ash led the way.You didn't ask any questions since it wasn't the ideal time and followed him, still running at your top speed.

At this point both of you were running for a good 5 minutes. Ash made sure you could keep up with him until you both thought you lost them. You guys ended up in an alleyway somewhere, catching your breaths.

You heard Ash clicking his tongue as he tried catching up with his breath, you were also, since you weren't exactly the athletic or a sporty type of person. In a matter of a second, you saw Ash get shot twice while standing in front of you as he tried protecting you. That startled you for a second, you looked to the direction from where he got shot at and saw those men who were chasing your previously coming towards you and Ash.

"Give up already." You heard a blonde man with spiky hair say.

"Chasing me in public, that's new." Ash said, still standing in front of you.

"The Ash Lynx protecting a girl, unheard of."

"Leave her out of this, she doesn't have anything to do with you Arthur."

"Oh, is that so?" Arthur said, eyeing you. You looked back at him with a disgusted face and a deadly glare. You saw 3 of his minions surrounding you and Ash and tried coming up with a plan.

I have a pocket knife stored in the back of my jeans, but it wouldn't help much right now. If only I had a gun right now. Fuck, I shouldn't have stopped carrying a gun around.

"You shouldn't be looking at me like that since I'm going to have a lot of fun with you, girl." Arthur said breaking you out of your thoughts.

That was it. That was the trigger you needed for yourself to lose your shit.

"Arthur, I'm saying it one more time. Leave. Her. Alone." Ash said, still standing in front of you in a protective stance. But he couldn't be much of help since he had a bleeding arm and leg.

"Grab the girl and tie her, Papa Dino will love to see someone precious to Ash." Said Arthur, smirking.
Out of your peripheral vision, you noticed a gun tucked in the back of Ash's jeans. You got to be fucking kidding me, he had a gun the whole time and didn't even use it.

One of Arthur's minion came towards you as the other 2 tried tackling Ash. Oh hell no to the no, this is not happening.

Just as the guy was about to touch you, you grabbed his collar bringing him close to you and kneed him in the crotch. You grabbed him by his hair and smashed his face as hard as you could on the concrete wall behind you.

One down, three to go. You said to yourself.

You glanced to your right seeing Arthur watching you with his mouth hanging down. Didn't expect to see that, huh. You said mentally chuckling.

You looked at your left and saw Ash trying to fight the other 2 off but his bleeding leg and arm weren't much of a help. You quickly took 2 steps to your left and grabbed one of Arthur's minion slicing his throat with the pocket knife you took out from your jeans.

Ash was able to kick the other man away who was trying to take him down before collapsing on the ground due to blood loss. You made your way to the other man, who was now laying down on the floor due to Ash kicking him and stabbed him in his stomach without any hesitation.

Just as you were about to get up, you heard a gunshot behind your back. When you glanced back you saw Arthur screaming in pain due to Ash shooting his fingers off. He got good aim.

Ash was aiming his gun at the end of the alleyway, still shooting people who tried coming for you and the blonde. You made your way to him and grabbed his arm, pulling him out of the alleyway. You realised your appartement was only 10 minutes away and you could get there really easily.

Ash was now clinging sideways over you, with his arm wrapped around your neck for support since he wasn't in the ideal physical state. You were surprised he could even get up right now especially getting shot twice.

"Ash, my apartment is not far away. If we keep running at this pace we can reach it in 10 minutes."

"No, you shouldn't be with me right now" He said trying to pull his arm away from your neck. You held on to his arm tighter so he couldn't get away from you and you felt him tense up.

"If I'm correct, you're losing a lot of blood and still being followed. You could faint anytime and god knows what they'd do with you. *gunshot*
Look, if we keep running at this pace they won't be able to catch up with us and they're busy trying to save their boss anyways." You said, shooting another person with Ash's gun who tried following you at the end of another alleyway.

"Why you-"

"Ash" You said in a really serious tone. "Shut the fuck up and let me help you."

Ash could've sworn he felt a chill run down his spine when he saw you somehow concerned yet calm in this situation.

"Fine, where is your apartment exactly?"

"Close."  you said in a composed, monotone tone.

Ash had too many questions running in his head. How is this girl not freaked out, how did she take out 3 guys twice her size as if it was nothing, how does she know how to use a gun, how did she end up getting caught in my shit. This is exactly why I shouldn't have friended her. Too many how's  and regrets were going on in his mind. But most importantly, Why isn't she freaking out and why is she helping me?