Let's watch the sunset together

I'd been home for a few hours now. It was the late afternoon, the sunlight was beaming through the windows, casting shadows across the floors.

I headed to my room and sat down in the chair by my desk. It lowered a bit under the pressure of the added weight. My face was illuminated by the light coming from my monitor when I turned on my pc.

I opened up discord, and accepted the friend request George had sent me. We'd exchanged Discord's and phone numbers as well. I guess this meant I was making some sort of progress. I wasn't sure what the progress was leading to though...

Patches walked into the room and curled up on my bed. I jumped when the Discord ringtone started loudly screaming into my ear. My eyes dashed to my monitor, an incoming call from George was displayed on my monitor.

I inhale shakily, then answer it. Neither of us say a word for a while.

"Hey, George." It was easier talking to him like this. I wasn't as nervous as when I talk to him in person.

"Hi." I smiled at the sound of his voice. It was weird playing with someone who wasn't Nick. Maybe at some point Nick could play with us too.

"Me and Nick have a survival world we play, would you like to join that?"

"Nick?" Oh yeah, he didn't know who Nick was.

"He was with me at the café yesterday."

"Oh, cool. That sounds fun. I'm going to die a lot."

"Don't worry George, I'll protect you." He giggled quietly and I sent him the server address. When I joined, Nick was already playing. Soon after, a 'GeorgeNotFound joined the game' message showed up in chat.

"Nick is already online." I told George. "Is it okay if I add him to the call?"

"Of course." He sounded slightly disappointed but I wasn't sure why. My cursor glided across the screen, adding Nick.

"Dream!" He screamed right into the microphone. I flinched at the sudden sound. But it didn't stop there. He started making weird farm animal noises.

"Is he always like this?" George asked. I laughed a bit at his question. "Yes, always."

"Hey! That's not nice." I could already imagine him crossing his arms angrily. Nick's avatar appeared in front of me and George, he spam crouched and waved at us, accidentally hitting George.

"Don't hit me!" He laughed and stood behind my avatar which was cute. I took out my sword and hit Nick back.

"It was an accident." Nick backed away and laughed a bit. I'm not sure what he was laughing at to be honest.

"Okay I forgive you." George jumped out from behind me. It made me happy that the two were sort of getting along. Obviously they weren't actually mad at each other.

"By the way, who is George?" Nick looked between mine and George's avatars.

"Why don't you introduce yourself George?" I looked at him and he move his head to show he was nodding. Every time I spoke with George I felt myself smiling, and my stomach felt weird.

"I'm George. Uh, you've already met me."

"Have I?" He was such an idiot. Well, he never found out the name of the maid boy so I can't really blame him.

"Yes, I'm from the café."

"Oh!" Nick sounded surprised. I guess he wasn't expecting me to befriend someone by myself.

"Clay went back to the café and we spoke a bit." George was starting to chop a tree and craft some wooden tools.

"I see." I could already tell that Nick was smirking. He was definitely going to tease me about that later.

While they were talking I'd gotten my old set of diamond armour. "Here, George." I threw it at him and he put it on.

"Thank you!" He scrolled through his items slowly then held up a flower. He crouched then threw the flower at me. I picked it up looked at him.

"Aw, thanks George." Nick was standing there looking at us. He'd seen George throw me the flower.

"Guess I'm third wheeling." He turned around and walked into our house. Me and George looked at each other briefly then followed him into the house, not responding to his previous comment.

For the next few hours, we all played together. I gave George some tips on playing the game better. The entire time we played I'd held the flower George gave me in my other had.

Nick had left to go to sleep. It was now 10PM so we'd been playing for quite a long time. But it had only felt like s few minutes. Me and George watched the Minecraft sunset together before logging off of the server.

"Goodnight George, sleep well."

"You too Clay, goodnight." He yawned loudly and I could hear the tiredness in his voice.

"Bye."

"Bye." We left the call at the same time, then I headed to bed and fell asleep with a smile on my face.