The contact warms my heart

I pulled into the driveway, and I could see George's mouth drop in shock. "Is this your house?"

"Yep." I giggled nervously. I knew the average person wouldn't have a house like mine. It was a big house, especially for me living by myself. Sometimes I would have family stay over but that was rare.

"It's cool, Clay." He smiled and we got out of the car. I opened the front door and George followed me in. Light footsteps could be heard through the house, then my fluffy creature appeared.

"Aw, you didn't say you had a cat!" George kneeled down and held his hand out, Patches sniffed it and purred as she was gently stroked.

"Her name is Patches." I kneeled down beside George, our elbows briefly brushing against eachother. I smiled slightly at the contact. George shifted next to me and sat cross legged, Patches curling up in his lap.

"Aw, she's so cute. I love cats."

"Do you have a cat?"

"No, my parents won't let me have one so I have to wait until I move out." I looked at him sympathetically.

"Why don't you just move out?" He sighed and shook his head.

"My café job doesn't make me enough. I've been looking into other options but nothing really seems fun." An idea popped into my head. A smile spread across my face, George noticed and raised an eyebrow.

"You could move in with me!" He looked at me for a moment. A laugh escaped his lips. He probably thought I was joking.

"I'm being serious. I've lived alone for almost a year now." In all honesty, it gets lonely sometimes. The only company I have is my cat. And occasionally Nick but he usually just visits to annoy me when he bored.

"Why didn't you ask Nick to move in then?"

"Having him call me and wake me up early every morning is annoying enough." We both laughed and Patches was quietly snoring in George's lap.

"I can't even afford to live here, so I'll have to pass." His lips turned into a slight frown. Not that I was looking at his lips. I definitely wasn't looking at his lips. Yeah, definitely.

"You don't have to pay, don't worry." He looked at me and smiled. I saw the sparkle in his eyes.

"Are you sure?" I nod and he leans over and hugs me tightly, waking Patches who sprinted away somewhere.

We stayed in the hug for a few moments, before there was an aggressive knock at the door. Our heads both turned to face where the sound was coming from.

I stood up, then reached my hand out to George and he accepted it, being pulled up in one swift motion.

There was only one person that could be at the door. Nick.

And, as I guessed, Nick was standing outside when I opened the door.

"Hey!" He strolled in casually. This was normal for him. Honestly, I'm used to it at this point.

"What brings you here?"

"I dunno, was just bored." He kicks his shoes off and walks past me. I shut the door behind him quickly.

"Oh, George is here?" He turned around and smirked at me. I have him an angry glare, walking over to where they were standing in the livingroom.

"Hi!" George waved at him and sat down on the couch. Me and Nick both gravitated towards the couch, sitting down on either side of George.

"So, George, why are you here?" Nick asks curiously. I can tell he had evil intentions. He leaned forward so he could look past George, and raised an eyebrow at me. I sighed, tapping my fingers on my knees.

"We were going to hangout for a bit."

"Hangout?" His voice had an evil tone to it. I could already see exactly where this was going.

"Yes?" I really wanted to make Nick shut up right now. George was falling right into Nick's trap.

"Ah, sorry, sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" I was mentally face palming right now.

"I interrupted your guys' date!" Oh, the embarassment. Definitely didn't see that one coming.

"W-WHAT?!" George cheeks instantly flamed up, turning a light pink colour. He leaned away from Nick in shock, and lost his balance a bit. A nudge from Nick sent him falling into my lap.

"Um." I looked down at him, and he looked up at me.

"Um." He echoed my words, and we just stared at each other, neither of us moving. My face was also warming up now.

---

racoon icecream

racoon icecream