Can our story be happy?

I sit in my chair, with the stream and everything set up and ready to go. I watch George, who's admiring the outfit I picked out for him in the mirror; a red flowy short dress with puffed shoulders, along with a gold necklace.

He sits down in his chair, which I'd brought in from his room to mine while he was busy changing. I have the flag in my lap, where it can't be seen in the frame of the camera.

George's hand slides into mine, squeezing it comfortingly. I shoot a brief smile his way then take the mouse in my other hand, clicking a few buttons then starting the stream.

"Hi everyone." I wave into the camera, then George mirrors my actions with a wide grin. "So... This is a pretty big stream for me... With some big news." I feel George rubbing his thumb across my knuckles to keep me calm.

My eyes watch the chat flying by rapidly, and the quickly increasing viewer count. "I'm getting a bit nervous now." I laugh shakily and George taps my arm. I turn to face him and he smiles at me, which immediately boosts my confidence.

Once I'm looking at the monitor again, I see people trying to guess what it could be. It's easy to spot the few correct guessing. "Wow, people are starting to guess correctly already..." George nods to my observation and points at the colourful material in my lap, trying to encourage me to spill the news already.

"Okay... This is scary." I laugh again, trying to forget about the pressure of all the people watching right now.

"It's okay, take your time." I start thinking about what I'm about to say, and the outcome of it. My breathing starts to speed up a bit and I start losing the confident character I usually display.

George notices the change in my body language and quickly mutes the microphone, then pulls me close to him, engulfing me in a warming hug. His mouth is close to my ear, and he whispers kind and sweet words to help me.

"You can do this, Clay. I'm right here with you. We can get through this together, okay?" I nod into his shoulder and squeeze him tightly, then pull away and look back into the camera.

I unmute the microphone, and look at the bundle of colours in my hands. I can do this. The next few seconds are spent mentally preparing myself, then I give up trying to stay calm and just let the words I've wanted to say for so long out.

"I'm gay." A smile creeps across my face, and I watch the many supportive messages coming through in donations. I lean back in my chair, holding up the flag for a few moments. George looks at me proudly, throwing up a thumbs up with his free hand.

"That was so scary." I sigh in relief, happy that people are accepting of me.

"Well done." Soon I feel his warm embrace once again, as his arms are wrapped around my neck. His scent fills my nose, and I take it in for a moment before we seperate again.

"There's also one other thing I want to say." I didn't tell George about this. All he knew about was my plan to finally come out to the internet, and show everyone my true self. "This is the second thing... Some special news I guess."

I see George's confused expression in the corner of my eye. "So..." My announcement is postponed as my phone begins ringing.

"Nick is calling." George takes the phone from my hand and answers with a video call. "Hello Nick." He waves, and I see Nick waving in the screen too.

"Hi, George. I wanted to congratulate you both, since you both did something very scary. George yesterday, and Clay today." We both thank him, then he starts cheering loudly which makes me cringe a bit.

"Calm down."

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot... Hi chat! Make sure you go subscribe to my YouTu-" I hang up on him before he can finish his sentence. We sit in silence for a few seconds before we both burst out into laughter. George's head bumps into mine accidentally.

"Are you okay?" I ask him and lift my hand to his forehead, which has a small bump on it. His eyes close tightly and I move my hand away. "Sorry, George."

"It's okay, I'll go get something cold to put on it quickly." I nod and he gets up. My head isn't in any pain at all, somehow. Or maybe I'm just overwhelmed with so much happiness that I don't feel the pain right now.

"I'm going to be telling George something important." I shyly smile at the camera, and see a variation of questioning responses in the chat. I laugh then hear the door opening again, and George walking over.

He sits in the chair, holding a cold pack of frozen peas up to his forehead. "George."

"Yes?" He turns his head to look at me, meeting my eyes which were already locked on him.

"Are you ready to hear the second reveal?" He raises an eyebrow in confusion. Despite his questioning expression, he nods for me to keep talking. I lift my hand up and take the bag of peas away, placing it on the desk.

His hands both rest in mine, and I squeeze them gently. His eyes stare curiously at me, waiting for what I'm about to say.

I remember the conversation I had with Nick. Him telling me that I should tell George about how I feel. And here I am now, in that situation I've dreamed of being in.

"I'm in love with you, George."

--