A present for you

I'm back from the dead 😱
if you missed me then I missed you too, if you didn't then fuck you 👎

--

George was out of the house, doing some clothes shopping as I had let him use my card to go shop. It took a while to convince him to go since he felt bad spending my money, but I needed him out if the house for a bit.

I sit at my desk, and open Discord. The call rings out a few times and eventually gets picked up.

"Hey, Nick, he's out of the house now."

"Okay, okay. I'll bring the stuff you needed. You start cleaning the house." I take out my phone and open my notes, going through a checklist I'd made a while ago, and crossing off what isn't needed anymore.

"Yep, sounds good. He should be out for a good few hours."

"I'll be there soon." He hangs up and I stand up from my desk. I was hoping George would like what I was going to surprise him with. I'd been planning for a while, and Nick was helping me a bit along the way.

I head downstairs, and start throwing any rubbish I can see into a bag. I manage to also dry and put away the clean dishes before a knock comes from the door.

Quickly, but careful to not slip on the kitchen floor, I make my way down the hall and to the front door. Nick greets me once I open it and he steps inside with two bags.

"Here's the decoration, and ingredients." He hands me one bag and I take it into the kitchen, placing it down on the counter.

"I'll start putting the decorations up everywhere." I tell Nick then open the bag, rummaging through the various items. Balloons, random confetti, and plenty other things. Even a Minecraft piñata which I think it pretty cool. I didn't even know how Nick found that or where he got it wrong.

Soon after, I've seperated everything into piles based on what's going in the hallway by the front door, what's going in the livingroom and a smaller pile for the items which will be hung up in the kitchen.

I get to work inflating the balloons and other inflatables. A pink flamingo was among the inflatables which confused me a bit but I chose not to question Nick's idea.

After many struggles and rearranging things, I finally finish. I step back and admire how colourful everything looks. It's a shame George can't actually see the colours though.

I make my way back to the kitchen, and the sight I see is not a happy one. "You better clean all this up Nick." He looks up at me from the bowl he's mixing, with half of the ingredients scattered across the floor and counters.

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry." He signals for me to come towards him and I do. The cake mix is looking alright if you ignore the massive mess everywhere.

"It will be ready for the oven soon." I nod and take out my phone. I mark off the decorations on the checklist. My eyes scan the list for what I should do next. Presents.

I push myself away from the counter, making my way back to my room. I'd hidden the presents a while ago and made sure George definitely wouldn't find them.

I wrap them carefully and neatly, making sure they look as good as possible. I need everything to be perfect for him.

The wrapping paper is a light blue with yellow dots on it. I take the many wrapped boxes after spending almost an hour trying to wrap them. Maybe I should have worked on my skills in wrapping gifts before this. Despite my efforts, I can't seem to get it quite right. A noticeable crease or two in each package. Hopefully George wouldn't mind.

"Cake's done!" Nick calls me from down stairs. A smile spread across my face as I pick up all the presents and head downstairs with them. I leave them in the living room, then head closer towards the yummy smell from the kitchen.

Once I walk in, my eyes widen a bit. Somehow, the kitchen it even cleaner than it was before. The floor which was once covered with flour is now spotless. "Surprised?" Nick has a snug expression, and I look down at the cake in his hands.

"Kinda." He puts the cake down on the counter, and I take a look at it. It has neat hand writing on it, with the words 'Happy Birthday George.'

"Thanks for helping Nick." He nods and the conversation falls silent. I think about how much George means to me. How I'd do anything if I meant he would be happy. I would risk my life for him. And I knew, that he was definitely the right person for me. And I was the right person for him.

A knock at the door interrupts out silence. I exhale shakily, Nick elbowing my side to encourage me. Even though it wasn't very encouraging.

I take one look back at the room before heading down the hall and to the front door. My hand locks on the cold door-handle, turning it down slowly.

"Welcome home."

--

I'm editing the entire book (just typos and spelling errors don't worry) so there may be a bunch of update notifications