Let's spend more time together

When I wake up, it's already 1PM. "George?"

He isn't in the bed next to me, so I swing by legs over the edge and stand up. I shiver slightly as the warmth of the bed escapes me.

The upstairs seems entirely silent, no sign of George anywhere. "George?" I call out one more time. I frown upon hearing no response or movement anywhere.

"Boo!"

I gasp loudly, and turn around to see George laughing to himself. He was wearing another cute outfit as he usually does. Black shorts and a large blue t-shirt. He had a small bottle of what looked to be blue bail varnish in his hands.

"You're so annoying." I laugh and step closer to him. My hands cling to his sides and I start tickling him.

"Wait- I'm sorry-" He inhales loudly and wiggles in my grasp.

"Stop moving so much or we'll fall." He laughs and tries to stop my hands from attacking him with tickles.

"Then stop tickling me!"

I calm the situation and let go of him. He sighs in relief and looks at the bottle in his hand. "Can you help me?"

I raise an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" I take the bottle from his hands. It's a pastel shade of blue, which matches George's shirt.

"I keep messing up..." He shoves his hands in front of my face, and I notice the many blue smudges across his hands. I laugh at his bad attempts and agree to help him.

Thirty minutes pass and I've finally finished one hand. "You're taking so long!" George complains and pretends to look angry, but I can see straight through the act.

"Well, maybe if you stopped moving around every five seconds I wouldn't have to keep restarting." He laughs and lifts his hand up, looking at the blue colour his nails now show.

"You did alright, I guess."

"What do you mean alright? I did way better than what you did!" I playfully hit his shoulder which earns another pretty laugh from him.

"Wait here, I have an idea." He gets up from the couch and disappears up the stairs. I get out my phone and choose to catch up on my notifications.

I see a text from Nick asking if George is okay. I'd almost forgotten what has actually happened in my attempts to distract George. I'd talk to him about it at some point.

I respond to Nick quickly then moments later George walks back into the room, with another bottle of nail varnish.

"Give me your hands." He smiles while sitting down next to me.

"Yeah, I don't think so." I shove my hands into my pockets to avoid having smudges all over my fingers.

"Please..." He clings onto my arm tightly and smiles hopefully. I sigh and give in. As soon as my hands are back out, he's quick to grab them and start painting.

"Neon green?" I raise an eyebrow and nod. He leaves one of my thumbs blank which confuses me. But not for long as he takes out s white varnish and paints it carefully.

"Why is that one different?" I bring my hands up to my face and look at the two colours. George did better than I expected him to. It was a bit shaky and had a few smudges but I still appreciated that he tried his best.

"Just wait, just wait..." I see him take out a black marker. The lid comes off with a satisfying pop and the smell of it fills my nose.

"Is that even supposed to go in my nails?"

"You'll be fine!" He giggles and lifts my hand up to his face. I watch him draw something out, but can't quite see what it is.

"Done." He smiles and I take back my hand. I look down to see the face he's drawn. It's basically identical to my smiley logo.

"That's creative. It looks cool." I lift my hand up to his hair but he stops me by moving his head away.

"Clay... It isn't dry yet." I roll my eyes and put my hand back down. George takes out his phone and shuffled into my lap.

"What are you doing?" He opens the camera app and I see us both in the phone screen.

"Lift your hand up!" I do as he says and he also lifts his own hand. He looks incredibly happy, which makes my already-present smile grow even more. A click echoes through the room as he takes the photo.

I watch as he opens Twitter and tags me in the tweet. My phone starts blowing up with notifications, and I'm quick to put it on silent.

"Oh. We need to go grocery shopping today." I remember that I was planning to go yesterday but the party meant I had to reschedule.

"Okay, we can go now then." He stands up and pulls me up with him. We head to the door and I slip my shoes on. (ahem queue the shoe roasts)

George walks up the stairs and comes back down with a black denim jacket added to his outfit. I smile at him and he puts his shoes on.

"Looking good, Georgie." He laughs and smiles gratefully. I feed Patches then we exit the house, locking the door.

"Do you want to walk there? It isn't too far." I ask him as we near the car.

"Sure, but you're carrying the shopping." We both laugh and I roll my eyes playfully. It was truly like all my problems disappeared when I was with George. He made even the darkest moments become bright and happy. I loved him for it.

--