A big step we'll take together

I finish washing up the dishes just as a knock is heard from the door. George stays in the kitchen while I go check the door. A postman hands me.a package once I open the door for him.

It's addressed to George, so I bring it into the kitchen. "Package for you, George." He smiles gratefully and takes it. I sit down in a stool next to him, taking out my phone and opening Twitter.

Shuffling can be heard beside me, as George tries to open the package. "Do you want some help?" He nods and slides it over to me.

I quickly rip it open, and see a bright coloured material. George takes it back and takes out the material. His eyes light up when he sees what it is, holding it up in the air. A flag, with three colours.

"Are you bisexual, George?" He turns to face me, with the pride flag in his hands.

"Yes. I am." His voice is quiet, like he's scared of what I'll say to him. I stand up from the stool and pull him into a hug.

"Is that okay...?" He asks once I end the hug. I smile and nod, which makes him smile too.

"Why wouldn't it be okay?"

"Well, um, I don't know, maybe you would hate me for it-" His shoulders droop slightly and he looks down at his hands, where he fiddles with the material in his hands.

"George, no. I've already told you that I'm gay. There is nothing wrong about your sexuality. I'm proud of you." He stops fiddling and slowly moves his eyes up my body, eventually meeting my gaze.

"Thank you." I ruffle his hair with my hand shortly then grab his hand, pulling him out if the chair.

"Could you help me?" He squeezes my hand lightly and I turn my head to look at him for a moment while walking into the livingroom.

"With what?"

"I want to take a photo... For Twitter. So everyone knows what my sexuality is. I want the whole world to know." He giggles and a beaming grin spreads across his face. He's like a diamond that never stops sparkling, or a sun that never sets.

I nod and he hands me his phone. I quickly enter his password, opening the camera app. "Ready." The phone points towards him, and he drapes the flag over his back.

"Do I look alright?"

"You look more than alright, George. You're amazing." His cheeks redden slightly at the sudden compliment, and I take the moment to snap a quick photo. When he heard the camera sound, his face shows an even more flustered expression.

I open the photo and look at it for a while. George coughs which makes me look back up at him.

"This photo is good."

"Show me." I stand up and take a few steps towards him, then lean slightly so I'm at even level with him. He looks at the screen of the phone in my hand. His face is quick to develop a happy emotion, shown by the smile visible on his lips. His pretty lips.

I stop my stating, noticing he's now talking to me. "I'll post this one right now, thanks."

I step behind him and rest my head against his shoulder, wrapping my arms around his stomach. I can hear his individual breaths, and his unusually fast heartbeats.

He taps away at his phone, adding the photo with no caption. He tweets it and my phone vibrates in my pocket from the notification. "Look, everyone is supportive." I reach my hand up to scroll through the comments on his screen. He smiles and turns his head to look at me. His nose gently brushes against mine as I turn my face at the same time.

"Sorry." I move my head away and loosen my hold on him.

"It's okay. You didn't have to let go." He puts his phone down on the coffee table and drifts over to the couch, plopping down onto it softly.

"Aw, do you like it when I hug you, Georgie?" He hides his face behind his sleeve with one hand, grabbing for the blanket next to him with the other. Soon his entire face is hidden behind the soft material.

I take the moment to move in front of him, since he can't see me. My footsteps are quiet, practically soundless. In one quick motion, I pulled down the blanket. "Boo!"

George gasps and I fail to contain my laughter from his reaction. "Hey! That was mean..." He crosses his arms over his chest and looks at the floor.

"I'm sorry... Don't hide next time." He rolls his eyes and I sit down on the couch too.

It isn't long before he's cuddled up to my chest, with Dog now sleeping calmly between us.

"I think I'm ready to come out too. Seeing how supportive people are to you makes me less nervous about it." I feel George's cheeks squish into a smile against my chest. His hair slightly tickles my exposed neck.

"Wheneve you're ready." His voice is slightly muffled from how his face is pressed into my hoodie. But I can still understand his words.

"Yeah."

My previous idea of how I want to tell the internet pops into my head. An idea involving my strong feelings towards the boy that was currently laying in my arms, with a bright expression on his beautiful face.

--