chapter 13

When we get to Hogwarts, the other 2 schools begin to arrive, Beauxbatons first, and then Durmstrang.

"Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been chosen..." Dumbledore starts, but stops, talking to Filch once he gets to the front of the Hall.

I laugh as Filch runs back to the back of the hall, Dumbledore silent until Filch is almost at the back.

"So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime"

The student of Beauxbatons came in, doing a really pretty arrival. Honestly, all the boys were staring, including Loki.

"And now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and the high master Igor Karkaroff"

The Durmstrang boys enter, making their awesome entrance. I watched in amazement as the Durmstrang boys created music with their staffs.

After everyone settled down, the faculty started talking.

~~~~~

"Your attention please! I would like to say a few words. Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the tri-wizard tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks" Dumbledore said.

"Wicked" I heard the twins say and looked at them.

I can and can't believe Fred was my Harry Potter crush.

Wait, what?!

NOTHING!

"For this reason, the Ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation Mister Bartimus Crouch" Dumbledore said.

The roof of the hall started thundering and everyone got scared until 'Moody' shot a spell at the roof, making it become peaceful.

"Bloody hell, it's Mad-Eye Moody" Ron said and I scoffed.

"Alastor Moody? The aura" Hermione asked.

"He was a catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are full thanks to him. He's supposed to be mad as a hatter though these days" Ron said.

Mad as a hatter. Mad Hatter. The Mad Hatter was played by Sebastian Stan in Once Upon A Time.

We get it. Move on please.

Rude. Anyway, 'Moody' stepped forward and shook Dumbledore's hand before moving to the side and taking a sip of Polyjuice Potion.

"What's that he's drinking do you suppose?" Seamus asked.

"I don't know but I don't think it's pumpkin juice" Harry said, making me snicker.

"After much deliberation the Ministry has concluded that for their own safety, no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the tri-wizard tournament. This decision is final" Barty Crouch said.

The crowd of Hogwarts students started yelling and booing, an uproar of protest and annoyance, especially from the twins.

"That's rubbish! You don't know what you're doing!" I heard the twins yelling.