chapter 18

"Harry, tell me again" Hermione said.

"'Come seek us where our voices sound'" Harry said, bashing his chin on a book.

"The Black Lake. That's obvious" Hermione said, waking up Ron and giving him the egg.

"'An hour long you'll have to look'" I say.

"Again obvious, though I must admit, potentially problematic" Hermione said and I gave her a look.

"Potentially problematic? When was the last time you held your breath under the water for an hour Hermione?" Harry asked.

"I've held it longer" I sing, sitting down. Harry gave me a look "My magic" I say, creating fire in my hands. He nods his head.

"Look" Hermione said, sitting next to Harry "Harry, we can do this. The 4 of us can figure it out"

"Hate to break up this scholar session but professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office" 'Moody' said and Harry was getting up "Not you Potter, just Weasley and Granger" 'Moody' says and Harry sat back down.

"But sir, the second task is only hours away and-" Hermione started but 'Moody' cut her off.

"Exactly. Presumably Potter is well prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep. Go. Now!" 'Moody' yelled and the 2 left "Longbottom!" 'Moody' called and Neville came into view "Why don't you help Potter put his books back" 'Moody' said and left.

"Hey Neville" I say, getting up from my seat.

"Hi Y/N. You know, if you're interested in plants you'd be better with Gorshok's Guide to Herbology. Do you know there's a wizard in Nepal whose growing gravity resistant trees?" Neville asked and I smiled.

"Neville, no offence but I don't really care about plants" Harry said and I gave him a look "Now if there's a Tibetan turnip that will allow me to breathe underwater for an hour then great"

"I don't know about a turnip but you can always use gillyweed" Neville said.

~~~~~

Me, Bucky and Loki were on those float things with everyone else. I was still really pissed at Ron and wasn't talking to him. Bucky seemed to notice.

"Doll, what's wrong? You've been so grumpy ever since the yule ball" Bucky said.

"I'm fine. Why would I be grumpy?" I asked.

"That's what I've been trying to find out" Bucky says and I chuckled.

"Good luck" I say and he looks at me, smiling "Oh, Harry" I say, making my way to the champions.

"Hey" Harry said, looking at me.

"Hey. Are you ready?" I asked.

"No" he said and I chuckled.

"You'll be fine. Hey Cedric" I say and he smiles.

"Hey Y/N" he said "Are you okay?" he asked and I looked at him confused.

"Yeah, what do you mean?" I asked.

"Oh, I was just asking 'cause of what happened at the yule ball with Ron"

"What happened at the yule ball with Ron?" Bucky asked.

"Nothing. Good luck, both of you" I say and they both smiled at me. I go back to where Loki was, Bucky in tow.

"Y/N, what happened with Ron?" Bucky asked but I ignored him "Y/N" he called and I turned to him.

"Nothing. Ron just said something" I say, turning back to the lake.

"What did he say?" Bucky asked and I sighed.

"He said... Something" I say and Bucky gives me a look "If I tell you, you'll go all crazy on him" I say and Bucky hugs me, wrapping his hands around my waist from behind and resting his chin on my shoulder.

"That's because I love you. And he's not even here" Bucky says and I scoffed.

"He will be" I say and thank the lord, Dumbledore started his speech. Bucky kissed me sweetly and turned his attention to Dumbledore.

"Welcome to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These 4 treasures, 1 for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the Black Lake. In order to win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have 1 hour to do so and 1 hour only. After that, they will be on their own" Dumbledore said and there was a pause "You may begin at the start of the cannon" Dumbledore continued and the cannon shot, the 4 champions going under the water.

After a moment, Harry flipped above the water and dived back down, earning cheers from the crowd. I go to the edge of the float things and sit on my knees, touching the water.

~~~~~

I see Fleur getting trapped and screaming. After a while, Dumbledore spoke.

"The beauxbatons champion, Miss Delacour had unfortunately been forced to retire. She will take no further part in this task" Dumbledore said. I was relieved.

~~~~~

I see Harry searching around and then seeing the 4 'treasures'. After a while of Harry talking to a mermaid, I see Cedric and Krum taking their 'treasure' and heading for the surface.

Once they get there the crowd starts cheering and chanting Krum's name. Harry frees Ron and then Fleur's sister. He's heading up when he gets attacked by the grindylows.

I get pulled down into the water and hear people calling for me. I quickly take out any water I might have swallowed and hold my breath.

I see someone coming in after me and it's Bucky. Grindylows were coming after him so I quickly pushed him up and make him land on the float.

Turning to Harry, he struggles with loads of grindylows, so I go to him, trying to scare them away. A few of them were hurting me and I screamed in pain, swallowing water by mistake.

I made the grindylows come after me as Harry slowly started sinking. He used his wand to send himself up and landed on the float. I screamed in pain again as the creatures scratched and bit my skin, making blood come out.

I was really weak and I was losing blood. I quickly pushed myself up with the little energy I had and I landed on the float, blood covering the floor.

I coughed up a lot of water and passed out, someone picking me up.