chapter 23

"Good evening, children. Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. Now, as usual, our caretaker, Mr Filch, has asked me to remind you-" Dumbledore said but Dumb*tch coughed, making him stop.

You can't say that in front of Morgan!

Chill, dad. That's why it's censored so I can't say anything inappropriate.

What's censored?

The book.

See, even Wade gets it.

"She was at my hearing. She works for Fudge" Harry said and I scoffed.

"Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright, happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends" Dumb*tch said.

"That's likely" me and the twins said at the same time.

Dumb*tch looked at us for a moment.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school, progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected, and prune practices that ought to be prohibited" she continued. Dumbledore clapped and everyone else started clapping as Dumb*tch was going back to her seat.

"Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating" Dumbledore said.

~~~~~

Me and Harry walked into the common room and once everyone saw Harry, they went quiet. Harry was going towards the boys dormatories but stopped and turned to Dean and Seamus.

"Dean, Seamus. Good holiday?" Harry asked them.

"All right. Better than Seamus', anyway"

"Me mum didn't want me to come back this year" Seamus said, standing up.

"Why not?" Harry asked.

"Let me see, uh... because of you. The Daily Prophet's been saying a lot of things about you, Harry. And about Dumbledore as well" Seamus said.

"What, your mum believes them?" Harry asked.

"Well, nobody was there the night Cedric died" Seamus said.

I was about to say that I was there but I didn't actually see him die.

"Y/N was. But I guess you should read the Prophet, then, like your stupid mother. It'll tell you everything you need to know" Harry spat.

"Don't you dare talk about my mother like that" Seamus spat back angrily.

"I'll have a go at anyone that calls me a liar" Harry said

"Hey!" I call, trying to stop them.

"What's going on?" Ron asked, coming in the room.