chapter 19

I woke up but was too tired to open my eyes. People were around me so I just listened to their conversation.

"Ron, what did you say to her?" Bucky asked.

"I don't know what your talking about" Ron said and I mentally rolled my eyes.

"At the yule ball" Loki said.

"Oh, that" Ron said.

"Well, what did you say?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah Ron, what did you say?" I heard the twins ask, perfectly in sinc.

"You know what, that doesn't matter" Ron said.

"He told her she was a burden and she should leave" Harry said.

"Harry!" Ron called, annoyed that he told them.

"You what?!" Bucky asked, really angry. Now we're getting somewhere.

"I was angry. Don't blame me" Ron said. I think Bucky went for Ron but someone stopped him.

"Loki, let me go!" Bucky said and I tried not to laugh.

"Guys, I need to tell you something" I heard Hermione say and everyone went quiet "She told me she almost killed herself once" Hermione said and I froze.

"What?" Bucky asked.

"She almost did it but she stopped herself" Hermione said.

"Hermione, when was this?" Loki asked, worry in his voice.

"Before she met you, before she went to her original universe" Hermione said.

"She... What?" Bucky asked, coming next to me.

I open my eyes and look at everyone a I slowly sit up, wincing and groaning a little, feeling sore.

"Did you-" Harry started.

"Yes, I heard your entire conversation" I interrupted "And I'm still pissed at Ron"

"Doll, why did you try to kill yourself?" Bucky asked.

I rested my head on the wall behind me.

"I was in pain. Not physically, but I always just felt so... Denied of a happy life. And I didn't want to tell you because I knew you would think differently of me. All of you" I say and look at Hermione "Hermione, it wasn't your place to tell them that"

She looks down.

"You never said I couldn't" she points out, whispering, and I sighed.

"You're right" I say.

"Doll, I would never think of you any differently than before. I love you, but I will be concerned and worried because you know how I feel about seeing you hurt" Bucky said and put a hand on my cheek. I leaned my forehead on his "Just promise me you'll come to me if you ever have a problem, or you need to talk to someone" Bucky said and I nodded my head.

"I love you" I say.

"I love you too. You know I always have" Bucky said and I leaned forward, kissing him.

"Ooh" I heard the twins say and I quickly pulled away.

I looked at them and they were smirking at me. I gave them a look.

"You just wish it were you" I say, sass vibrant in my tone.

"Ahem. Right" Ron said, and I looked at him, then away "I said I was sorry"

I turn at him, dumbfounded.

"You never said you were sorry!" I say.

"Oh. I'm sorry"

"It's not okay" I say, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"What?" Ron asked.

"You told me I should leave. As in leave this world entirely. You said I was a burden. You don't know how it feel when your friend says they don't even want you around" I say, trying to stand.

I instantly fall and Bucky helps me up, steadying me as I try again.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I was just annoyed and angry. I was being stupid" Ron said.

"Correct" I say, taking a few steps forward.

"I shouldn't have said what I said and I regret it. I'm sorry" Ron said again.

"You know, legally I'm 14 so if I hurt you, it's not abuse, it's payback" I say.

He looks at me, pure terror in his eyes.

"Why would you hurt me? I apologized" Ron said.

"True" I say.

I put my hand forward and pulled it up quickly, making the ground shoot Ron up into the ceiling, him yelling, then grunting when he hits the ceiling. Once he falls in front of me, I help him up.

"It's okay" I say, checking if he has any injuries.

"Ow! What did you do that for. Mental this one is" Ron said.

"Oh, do you wanna go again?" I asked, the others chuckling.

"No thanks. I love you" he says and I smile.

"I love you too" I say, ruffling his hair a little.

~~~~~

"Hey, I was looking for you" I heard Cedric say.

I was leaning on a tree next to the Black Lake. The same spot where Cedric asked me to go with him to the ball.

"Hi" I say, looking up at him.

He sat down next to me.

"The 3rd task is coming soon. I promised to see you. I'm here"

I feel my breath hitch in my throat.

"Are you okay?" he asks, seeing me a little shaken.

"Oh, yeah. I just remembered something" I say.

"Do you mind if I ask?" Cedric asked. I shook my head.

"My friend died because of one of these challenges and I really miss him" I say, meaning Cedric, but he obviously didn't know that.

"Who?" Cedric asked.

"I won't say his name but he was a really great guy, and he was there for me when I was upset. He was amazing and he didn't deserve what happened to him" I say, looking at Cedric.

"I'm really sorry" Cedric said and I shook my head.

"It's not your fault" I say "Cedric, no matter what happens in the last task, I want you to know that I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I can't change anything and that this happened" I say, looking down.

I look back up at him and give him a hug. He hugs me back and I can tell he's confused.

"It's okay?" he says and I pull back.

I see Bucky coming and I wave at him.

"Bucky's here. I need to go. I'll see you later, Cedric" I say getting up.

I help him up and he nods his head.

"I'll see you soon" Cedric said and I went to Bucky, giving him a hug.

He kissed my forehead and we made our way to the Great Hall to meet everyone else before the last task.