chapter 32

We arrived at Hogwarts and the 3 of us got out of our compartment. I saw Hermione and Ron as well.

"Where's Harry?" Hermione asked.

"He's probably already on the platform. Come on" Ron said and I looked towards where the slytherin sat.

"He'll be fine" I say to myself, leaving the train with the other 4.

~~~~~

"Don't worry, he’ll be here in a minute" Ron said, eating some jelly. I was also eating some jelly but Hermione looked at Ron.

"Will you stop eating?! Your best friend is missing" Hermione said, slapping Ron with a book several times "And you" she's said, hitting me with the book.

"Oi, turn around, you lunatic?" Ron said and I laughed. We all looked at Harry.

"He's covered in blood again. Why is it he's always covered in blood?" Ginny asked.

"Looks like it's his own this time" Ron said.

"Where have you been? What happened to your face?" Hermione asked.

"Later. What did I miss?" Harry asked, taking a sip of water before putting his cloth back up to his nose.

"Sorting Hat says we ought to be brave and strong in these trouble times. Easy for it to say, though. It's a hat, isn't it?" Ron asked and I nodded my head.

"Yep" I say.

"Very best of evenings to you all" Dumbledore started.

"Thanks" Harry said to Ginny.

"First off, let me introduce the newest member of our staff. Horace Slughorn" Dumbledore said and Slughorn got up, everyone clapping "Professor Slughorn, I'm happy to say, has agreed to resume his old post... as Potions Master. Meanwhile, the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts will be taken by Professor Snape" some people were confused and the Slytherin table clapped for him but I was looking at Draco.

He was thinking carefully and didn't care about anything else.

"As you know, each and every one of you were searched upon your arrival here tonight. And you have the right to know why. Once, there was a young man. Like you, sat in this very hall. Walked this castle's corridors. Slept under it's roof. You see, to all the world, a student like any other. His name... Tom Riddle" there was murmuring and whispers "Today of course, is known all over the world by another name. Which is why as I stand, looking out upon you all tonight, I'm reminded of a sobering fact. Every day, every hour, this very minute, perhaps... dark forces attempt to penetrate this castle's walls. But in the end, their greatest weapon... is you. Just something to think about. Now off to bed, pip-pip" Dumbledore finished and everyone started standing.

"That was cheerful" Ron said and I chuckled.

"I'm not looking forward to this" I say, getting up.

I look at Draco, but slowly go over to him, sitting next to him. I was about to put my hand on his shoulder, but hesitate, retracting my hand.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

Nothing.

I sigh heavily and then turn my body to him, putting my hands on the table so he can see them.

"I meant what I said last year about being friends. I hope you can find room for one more"

I get up and, hesitantly, rub my hand comfortably on his back, going to Bucky and Loki.

"Keep an eye on him, will you?" I ask Loki.

"Of course"

~~~~~