Chapter- 6

Chapter- 6

As I walked to the girl's deck with Horikita and Matsushita accompanying me, my phone suddenly started to beep. One after another, the notifications didn't stop.

Upon checking, I found multiple mails by my classmates, all of them boiled down to the same message; 'Class A is not ready to talk'.

"Um, can I ask what it is?" Matsushita asked in a wary tone, not sure to peek into my personal space.

"Apparently in the other groups as well Class A is not ready to talk at all, perhaps the strategy of playing it safe has been adopted by the whole class and not only the students of Class A in our group."

"I see, so Katsuragi has raised his defenses to the extreme." Horikita concluded.

"Seemingly."

We walked to the deck in silence, each trying to analyze the strategy Class A had put up and a counter to the same. The whole ship had a wary atmosphere, nothing similar to what it was two days ago. Class A had just made an enemy out of the whole school, one might think it is out of confidence but Class B is putting up a vigilant fight and can very well overtake them by this test. So it was not a choice for Katsuragi, rather he was forced to do so.

I typed a common message and sent it to everyone who had mailed me about Class A's strategy.

Let's think individually about this and share our strategies in the group meeting we have in the evening.

"I think I will have lunch before returning to rooms."

"So you weren't able to have lunch due to all those meetings, huh?" Horikita asked.

"Yeah, I will join you two once I'm done."

Matsushita and Horikita nodded , I went ahead of them lost in my thoughts.

The restaurant was almost empty, probably because everyone had their lunch before the meeting. I saw Hirata eating alone, perhaps he was in the same predicament as me. As I changed my direction to approach him I saw a pack of girls led by Karuizawa moving towards the oblivious Hirata from behind. Looking at the series of events unfold I just changed my direction back to the original path.

Since I asked others to think individually I don't think anyone would approach me for now. Shortly after I took my seat and ordered, the food arrived. I forgot about everything going on to take a break and enjoyed the luxurious food.

Half way through my lunch, Katsuragi entered the restaurant with Yahiko. He just looked around as if searching someone, since he left soon I assume the one who he was searching was not here.

Without paying much thought to it I continued my lunch, I felt recharged once I was done eating.

Returning to the room I found Mii-chan sitting alone on her bed lost in thoughts.

"Mii-chan! Why the long face?!" I surprised her intentionally, perking her up.

"Honami-san! Class A! Not speaking!"

Oh no, she is completely rushed. Keeping up with a group filled with individuals on the level of Hirata and Kushida is taking its toll on her, that too after the first meeting.

"Simmer down, Mii-chan. Test is about 'thinking', don't overthink things. Have faith in Hirata and Kushida."

Her expression loosened up on hearing my words, Class A has successfully thrown the other classes into a disarray.

"But I will become dead weight if I don't do anything." She said in a low voice with her head down.

"If you overthink then you might end up making a mistake, that will put you in a worse spot. Discuss your thoughts with Hirata and Kushida, I will also join you all in the evening meeting."