Dressing up!

(This chapter is the second and last chapter by our guest author. Shissou! Yes he is the guy who started this fanfic and wrote first 4 chapters in it, also my mentor in my early days. He has taught me a lot and I am really thankful to him. Hope you enjoy it!) 

(Ichinose Honami's POV) 

After going out to get something to eat, I immediately went back to the dorms. Our holidays have just started, but I felt like spending the rest of my day at home for now.

I took out my phone just to peek at the time.

It's still early in the afternoon, hovering around 1:00 PM.

I got on the elevator and pushed the button leading to my room's floor. Shortly, the carriage lifted me up.

A faint ding! rang inside the carriage, and the elevator doors opened soon after.

I took out my room's keycard and used it to open my door.

At least...I tried to.

Expecting the door to open right after I turned the knob, I pushed my body forward.

Thud.

"Ow...Eh?"

However, the door didn't budge, so I ended up kissing it instead while bumping my head.

I tried swiping the card again...and again...I tried it again a few more times, but it showed no signs of welcoming me inside.

At that point, I called the dorm's custodian.

"Ah. I remember this room. A certain 3rd-year student used to stay here. I'm pretty sure she graduated already, but she always brewed trouble. The lock probably broke when the door was slammed too hard."

"I see. But I've been staying here for quite some time now. Why did it only break now?"

"I'm not sure. You seem to be a gentle lady. Perhaps until now, you closed the door as if you were caressing a cat."

"Haha. I doubt it. But anyway, could you fix it?"

I looked at the custodian, but he seems a bit doubtful. Am I locked outside forever?

"I'll open the door for now. This was really unexpected, so I'll have to prepare a few supplies for me to fix it. If you can, just keep the door open until I get back. That'll be in 2-3 hours."

That's pretty long...I have to keep the door open for 2-3 whole hours?

"Hmmm...Can't I just close it until you get back?"

"I don't think so. If ever there's an emergency and you have to leave the room immediately, what would you do?"

"Right..."

"Right, so it might be inconvenient, but it's safer that way."

The custodian worked at the door for about 3 minutes. Shortly after, it opened.

Click.

"Wow, it opened. Thank you."

"I'll be back. Keep the door open for now."

"Okay."

After one last reminder, he left.

"This is a bit troublesome."

Now that I can finally go inside my room, I went straight in. I made sure not to lock myself in, so I kept the door wide open, letting the air, the sunlight, anything, inside.