Give and Take

(A/N: I'm glad people are enjoying this story! The chapter is a little shorter but writer's block has not been too friendly this week. Either way, I hope you enjoy it!)

Rose stumbled backstage giggling, leaning heavily against Juleka while Ivan packed up their instruments just off stage. It took a few moments before Rose saw Luka and (Y/N) tangled up in eachother underneath a rather heavy and warm blanket. Juleka's face lit up along Rose, both girls fighting to have their small freak out quietly so they wouldn't wake up the two friends. 

Luka began to stir first, hearing Rose's muffled squeaking as her hand covered her mouth, only briefly freaking out at how cute (Y/N) looked with his arms around them before flashing an irritated glance at Rose. He held a finger up to his mouth and signaled them to be quiet before turning all his attention to playing with (Y/N)'s hair while the (H/C) haired friend happily dozed off. 

Rose and Juleka smiled, leaving to go into the crowd to watch the other bands and dragging Ivan with them with massive grins on their faces as he started to come through the door. 

Luka was on cloud nine, he had sung in front of an audience and they liked it! They really liked it! On top of that, he had someone with him to celebrate it with, even if they was currently passed out with their head on his chest as music shook the wall closest to the stage. His mood was quickly diminished when he remembered the look on Marinette's face when the song was over. Of course, he was hurting, and it was in part due to Marinette even if she couldn't control it, but the last thing he wanted to do was hurt a close friend. 

His mind began racing with what Mari could have been thinking while he was on that stage, his heart going faster and faster as he jumped down that rabbit hole. (Y/N) could feel his palms get sweaty and hear his breathing quicken rapidly, causing them to wake up and stroke his knuckles gently "Luka, breathe." They said softly, breaking the silence between the two. 

Luka flinched, looking down in surprise "I'm sorry, did I wake you up?"

(Y/N) nodded before hugging him tighter "But it's okay, you need to not be alone right now" they whispered softly, their warm breath tickling Luka's ear and around his neck. 

Luka fought the tears building up, even Marinette never did this kind of thing. It was a lot of giving on his end and a lot of taking on hers, he never minded because he was used to it. This pure relief (Y/N) gave him as they looked him over worryingly was like a breath of fresh air, like a muscle that had been tense for so long that he didn't realize how much pain he'd been in until it was taken off his shoulders. 

(Y/N) poked his cheek, laughing slightly when his clouded eyes focused on reality again. "Are you okay?" They asked, tracing the patterns on his palm, making his heart pound and his head feel fuzzy. 

Luka nodded, "Yeah, I'm okay. I'm great, actually" he replied with a lazy smile, happily relaxing into (Y/N)'s touch. As they focused on his hands, all he could focus on was how quickly this person strolled into his life and tore all his walls down. It was almost superhuman; It was like they'd done this more times than they could count. Maybe they had, but he felt so special and so seen that he couldn't find it in his heart to care about who they'd been within the past. 

(Y/N) smiled, humming sweetly as Luka settled back onto the couch "Do you want to go home or go out with everyone else?" They asked as they went back to happily tracing the patterns on his palms. 

He bit his lip, glancing at the back exit and then the door leading to the party going on just a few feet away. There were a million questions racing through his head, was Marinette still out there? Would she be upset seeing him? Is he really in the mood to socialize after taking such a huge risk with that song? Does (Y/N) want to leave? They do seem tired but then again they just woke up. 

(Y/N) laughed at the puzzled expression on his face "Relax, we can do whatever you want. Personally, I'm happy just spending time with you I don't care where we go."

Luka felt the blood rush to his cheeks at (Y/N)'s words and seemingly cool demeanor, immediately deciding he just wanted to be alone with them "I could walk you home, or we could go somewhere else." 

(Y/N) giggled, "You don't have to walk me home I can call a driver for that," they stated casually before breaking out into another smile, "but let's go get ice cream!" They cheered, scrambling off the couch and taking Luka's hand, dragging him out of the building and down the street.

Luka smiled, taking in the noises of the city and enjoying the empty street. He felt (Y/N)'s warm hands wrap gently around his, holding it tighter when they turned corners just in case Luka wasn't paying attention, and frankly, he wasn't. He was too busy noticing how the moon and city lights hit (Y/N)'s hair in a way that made them look like a painting and silently cursing himself for not taking up photography. 

After Luka's protesting, (Y/N) paid for their ice cream, telling him he deserved to have friends treat him sometimes and it's not his job to take care of everyone all the time. He was too shocked by (Y/N)'s statement to pull out his wallet fast enough. 

They walked around a nearby park they had found, holding hands and talking about whatever came to mind, Luka loved seeing (Y/N) light up when they talked about their parents. (Y/N) really loved them, they even cried a little bit but Luka was quick to console them. Luka even silently cursed Juleka for not telling him (Y/N) had just lost their parents. 

They finally left the park around three in the morning, they walked back to Luka's house in a comfortable silence as they took in the city. He could feel such a natural rhythm with (Y/N) he had never really felt before, and he really liked it. He grinned like an idiot when (Y/N) kissed his cheek before getting into the black SUV their grandparents had sent to pick them up. 

He flopped onto his bed in a daze, his mind fuzzy and his heart pounding. He pulled out his phone and stared at the selfie they took together in front of a tree they had found and grew particularly fond of, letting his mind wander about all the things that could have gone wrong and everything (Y/N) did for him. (Y/N) had done all of it with a smile on they face tonight, they did it like they wanted nothing more than to do something nice for him, not to get something from him. "I miss them already." He murmured as his eyes drooped, suddenly missing the warmth of (Y/N) in his arms.