Chapter 30

Erin McAfee

I was in the midst of applying mascara when Zac called. My already cheerful mood instantly lightened up when I saw his name.

"Hello, Zachary." I greeted him in a cheerful tone.

"Hi, babe, good morning. I just got out of my apartment complex, I'll be there in 30 minutes." Zac said and I could imagine that he's grinning while driving.

"Alright, but are you sure though? You're coming with me?" I asked him for the nth time since yesterday.

"I am, Erin. I'm your boyfriend already so, its just right for your family to know that I am in a relationship with you. Besides, I'm tired of hiding already and I know you are too, so I believe it's high time for us to be out in the open, right?"

Yes, right and I've been dreaming about this since I was in high school!

I wanted to tell him that but of course I won't because it's still embarrassing even though he already knew that I've been crushing on him since I was a teen.

"Alright, since you've already made up your mind, who am I to stop you. Anyway, I have to get ready now, drive safe."

He just hummed silently and I hung up, then I resumed applying mascara on my other eye.

Today, I opted to wear a simple white cropped ruffled sleeves top with its matching white high waisted skirt. I lightly curled my blonde hair and accessorized with a pair of diamond earrings and the necklace that Zac gifted me. As for the shoes, I chose to wear my white Numero Ventuno slides. All in all, my look fits for our surprise anniversary party to our parents, which was a Yacht party.

Three of us, Tyra, Ylona, and I, bought the Yacht as our gift to our parents this year. Ylona overheard Mom and Dad talking about getting one so when she said it to us, we quickly decided to buy one as their anniversary gift this year.

What they knew was that we rented a villa by the beach but little did they know, the celebration will be in a boat. Ylona was the one in charge of the decoration while Tyra was for the food, me on the other hand was for the desserts and wine.

As for Zac being my date, I didn't tell anyone that I will be bringing a plus one because I wanted to surprise them. Also, if I have told them beforehand, both of my sisters will harass me with all the questions until I tell them who am I bringing. So, nuh-uh, let them be surprised today.

Anyway, speaking of Zachary, he texted me that he's already in the area so I quickly went out of my apartment to meet him downstairs.

As I was about to exit the building, his white Ferrari halted in front of me. With its roof opened, it revealed a very handsome guy I now called my boyfriend.

Once I hopped inside his car, I leaned on to him ro give him a kiss on his cheek but he quickly turned his face to me so I have kissed his lips.

I playfully rolled my eyes at him and commented, "cheeky."

He just chuckled and drove off towards the road.

"As always, you look beautiful, babe." He complimented me and I could feel my blush intensified.

"Thanks, you too, Zac. You look handsome, though I thought you'll wear shorts today, why wear pants? I mean you still look good though." I asked him because last night, when were on the phone, he asked me if it was alright to wear boat shorts today and of course I said yes.

"Oh that... I figured that since I'll be meeting your family today as your boyfriend, it's only right if I wear something formal and appropriate. That way, I have a good first impression to them." He answered and held my hand.