Chapter 34

Zachary North

I've been rereading Olivia's email for the past ten minutes now. She's informing me that due to the time constraint, she's already on her way to Dubai to supervise personally her and Mr. Cooper's engagement. I was okay with it at first but when I saw how long she will be there I couldn't believe it.

Four months?!

Why the fuck she'll be there for four months?! And she didn't even consulted me.

I called Nikkie, her secretary, to ask if this was just a sick joke because sometimes, when my sister's crazy, she'll do everything or anything craziness she's thought of just to show it to me.

However, it was real. Even Nikkie didn't know why she suddenly went to Dubai, I didn't want to think of something negative happened to her that pushed her to go there. And there's only one person who could tell if something's wrong with my sister, that is of course, my girlfriend, Erin.

That night, we were having our dinner at a restaurant that Jane, my secretary, booked. As usual, Erin looked effortlessly beautiful. We talked about what happened to our day, until I brought up about Livy's sudden flight to Dubai.

"Babe, do you know why Livy went to Dubai all of a sudden? I mean why did she rushed to go there without proper telling me and dad knowing that she would be staying there for quite awhile." I asked her.

She stilled for half a second and then continued to drink her wine.

"uhm, I don't know. She just told us the night before as she needed us to help her in packing." she answered and looked everywhere but me.

"Oh. But is she okay though? Because I kinda feel that something's not right that pushed her to go there. Did she say something to you and Jowee?" I asked again because I could feel that she knows something. I mean, these three are the closest, they knew every little thing that goes on in each other's lives.

I just hope that Erin's telling the truth.

"You know, maybe you should ask Olivia instead? Have you talked to her?" she asked meekly.

"I tried calling her but I just went to her voicemail. I even emailed her but she didn't respond."

"Maybe because she's still jetlagged or busy?"

"Maybe... Does Nick knew?" I asked and she stilled.

"K-knew what?" she stuttered. Oh Erin, I hope you're not hiding something from me.

"Knew about---"

My phone rang and I saw Mr. Fukuyama's name, I excused myself from Erin to answer the call. After 25 minutes, we hung up the call and before I went inside, I dialled Markus' number, my personal investigator.

In just two rings, he answered.

"Mr. North."

"Markus, good evening. I want you to investigate why Olivia, my sister, went to Dubai all of a sudden." I ordered.

"Noted, sir. Anything else?"

"None, just give me everything in two days." I said and hung up after he mumbled a yes sir.

This was the only way I knew to know what pushed my sister to go to the other side of the globe. No one was giving me answers even Erin who obviously knew what's happened to my sister. I just hope that whatever Markus' gathered, it won't be grave enough for me to flip out and take necessary actions.

***

Two days after

I was drinking my evening coffee when my doorbell rang, I opened the door and saw Markus holding a thick brown envelope. I surmise he had already gathered everything and basing on how thick the envelope was, I don't think I'll like what's inside that envelope.