Chapter 39

Erin McAfee

"...and then I asked them angrily that whatever they did to my bathroom wasn't included in the plan and that they have to give out a name before I explode to them. You know what, Erin, when I heard my mom's name from the contractor, I saw red. Like, what the fuck. My mom interfered again with my choice of design. I mean, seriously, I know she's an interior designer and decorator but can she not meddle on my own design. Ugh. God I hate her when it comes to this things. She can be quite an officious mom sometimes. But you know what, it's also my fault. I shouldn't have told her that I am renovating my condo, that way she didn't force her so-called ideas to the contractor. Right?!"

"Mhmm." I mumbled not actually listening to her ramblings.

"However, I admit its beautiful though. Very me! It looked so chic and calming whenever you take a bath there. You know, I've been soaking in my new vintage inspired tub for three nights now. Ugh, but still I hate my mom for hijacking my ideas and I hate myself for loving her idea. Oh don't get me started with the furniture she ordered for my office." She said dramatically before she sipped her coffee.

"uhuh. You tell me." I replied in an uninterested tone and took a bite of my scone then scrunched my face because it wasn't as tasty as I remembered. Well, all of the food I ate these past four weeks weren't as good as it was.

"It's fucking beautiful but then again I should've stood on my ground and told my mom to mind her own business! But as you know, I'm a sucker for cute and beautiful stuff so I shut my mouth off and hugged her because my irritation was immediately replaced by elation. Geez. I should get a grip sometimes, I mean you know my mom's not an intrusive mom when it comes to my life but when it comes to decorating and designs, she can be a pain in the ass." she chuckled.

"uhuh." I replied and took another bite of my not-so-good scone. When I looked at Jowee, she was staring at me as if I grew another head.

I raised both of my brows at her, she then leaned her body on the table and squinted her eyes at me.

"What?" I asked nonchalantly.

"SPILL." her tone hardened.

I raised one of my brows at her.

"You're not being yourself. What happened to you?" She asked one more time.

"Zac dumped me." I said ang took a sip of my tea.

"Shut the fuck up, I'm being serious. What happened?" she asked one more time.

"That's what happened. He's done with me. We're done since four weeks ago, Jowee." I assured her with a straight face

She was about to pop a macaron on her mouth but she halted when she saw the seriousness in my face. Then, she dropped the macaron and sat beside me then held both of my hands.

"Oh my God Erin, are you okay?" her tone suddenly became soft as if she didn't want me to brust out in tears.

"Am I okay? I don't know. Honestly Jowee, I can't feel anything. For four weeks I didn't shred a single tear nor felt sad about it. The only thing I felt was exhaustion, that's it." I smiled at her but it did not reached my eyes.

She then hugged me, "Erin, I'm sorry. If I had known, I would've flown right away and comforted you. Oh my God love, I'm so sorry." she apologized and hugged me tightly.

I chuckled at her and pulled away.

"I'm fine, Jowee." I took my napkin and wiped the side of my mouth. I didn't know why I did that but I did.

Ugh. These past few days, I tend to do something I didn't know the reason as to why I did it. Damn.

"Why did you two broken up?" She queried.