Chapter 41

Erin McAfee

I was pacing around my hotel room when I decided that it's best to call Mason Cooper.

Geez, I feel so guilty and bad for bumping him, spilling his coffee on his dress shirt, and for unknowingly stalling him on his meeting with that Mr. Yamamoto.

I could see agitation and irritation in Mr. Yamamoto's eyes when he cancelled the meeting. On the other hand, Mason's eyes were full of distress.

I sighed and sat on the edge of my hotel bed.

"Geez, Erin. You should've stopped when you were looking for your phone, you dumbass." I groaned then stood up again and went to the window.

The concrete jungle in front of me was not helping to chase away the guilt I'm feeling towards Mason Cooper. All I could see was the distressed look on his face when Mr. Yamamoto cancelled their meeting and told him straight that he will not get the deal from him anymore. Shit! From the looked on Mason's face, it's obvious that it was a big deal.

Oh My God, what will I do now?

Oh yeah, I know exactly what to do.

I quickly grabbed my purse and took my phone to dial the person who will be a great help for me, the person who will know what to do when these kinds of phenomena happen.

In just three rings, she answered.

"Hello." she was enthusiastic when she answered.

"Livy, I need your help!" I didn't care for any pleasantries anymore because this is urgent, for me.

"Oh-kay... what do you need help with?" She asked, a bit joyful to my liking. She's happy these past two weeks because she's spending her sweet time with Dylan in Dubai and no one can change her mood.

"Can I have Mason Cooper's number?" I asked her, there was a long pause on the other line. I thought she hung up but she didn't. I think I rendered her speechless.

"Olivia?"

"W-why do you need Mase's number?" she stuttered.

I sighed and went on telling her. After I told her what happened a while ago, she laughed so hard for like a minute and spoke.

"Seriously?! Mason did not get mad at you? I mean, he did not flip out on you? My God, I think he's really into you." She said out loud and squealed.

I rolled my eyes.

"Liv, of course he wouldn't flip out right there and then because he only had one goal, that is to apologise to Mr. Yamamoto. Later on, he will realize or I bet he already realized that everything was my fault. Please Livy, can you just give me his number?" I pleaded.

"Fine. But first, tell me, what would you do? I mean, if you're just going to apologize to him, a friendly advice, don't do it. Mason is as scary as Zachary when he's mad, frustrated, or just being himself."

I sucked on my breath not because of what Oliva told me but because I heard his name. The unwanted feelings are coming back again, its as if the knife that was left thrusted inside my heart was drove deeper inside me that the feelings I buried reemerged and was more heightened.

Add the fact that Olivia was oblivious to everything that happened to me and her brother right after her last call.

"Erin... Erin, Oh my God, don't tell me you zoned out while I was blabbing!!" I heard Olivia's irritated voice on my left ear. I was busy suppressing my tears and feelings that I zoned out on her.

"I'm sorry. I was just distracted by the bird that flew on my hotel balcony." I lied and face palmed my face because of my pathetic.

"It's okay. So, what's your plan?" she asked again and I laid on my bed.