Chapter 22

Erin McAfee

I was in the midst of putting my high heels on when I heard my door bell rang.

I went out of my room then towards the living room to see who's the person outside.

As I looked at my video intercom, I saw Zac grinning widely at the camera.

My heart beat rapidly for this was the first time I will be seeing him since he confessed to me in this exact spot.

I quickly looked at my reflection in the decorative mirror in the foyer and when I was satisfied on how I looked, I opened the door.

Immediately, his manly bergamot scent filled my nostrils and I cursed it mentally for it awakened my urge to hug this man in front of me.

However, it didn't take long when he enveloped me into a tight hug. I shyly placed my left arm on his back and patted it.

"I missed you." Zac told me then inhaled deeply after that he released me and kissed my right cheek briefly.

I bet I look like a tomato now. Ugh. I looked down because I was embarrassed to show him his effect on me.

But I missed him too, you know. This is what his messages did to me. It made me miss him terribly.

I felt a finger on my chin and it made me looked at his face. He was smiling boyishly but despite that, I could see exhaustion in his face.

"I like it when you blush." Zac commented and I removed my face from his hold and went towards my kitchen.

"W-when did you arrive? I thought you'll be landing tomorrow night?" I asked because in his messages, he said that.

"I just landed. My work there were done so I opted to come home early, also, I was missing you. You never replied to any of my messages, I thought you never read them or you blocked me but I was wrong." He mumbled happily at the end.

If he only knew that I was waiting and looking forward everyday for his messages. But, did he just say that he just landed? Oh geez, that explains the exhaustion in his face.

"Zac, you just landed, you should have went straight to your apartment to take a rest. Have you had breakfast already?" I looked at him and he was still smiling.

He shook his head and spoke. "I told you, I missed you, Erin. So I went straight here." He winked and I shook my head at him.

"Do you want coffee? Tea?" I asked him and his nose scrunched when I mentioned tea. I knew from Olivia that Zac hated tea. For him, it was like he's drinking a semi flavored got water.

"Coffee please." He pleaded like a baby. Oh gosh. This was the first time I saw him being carefree, not the usual I am the boss attitude/aura. And I admit, I liked it.

I smiled at him and took my freshly grounded coffee and prepare my pour over dripper.

Oh, thank God. I still have hot water from awhile ago.

After I poured the hot water on the grounded coffee in the filter, I left it to brew and went straight to my fridge to take out two eggs and a bacon.

"How many toasts can you eat?" I asked him and he answered two. I put two square breads in to the toaster then went to my stove two cook the eggs amd bacon.

While I was cooking, I jumped a little when I felt his arms around my waist and he placed his chin on my right shoulder.

"Sorry." He whispered and then kissed my cheek.

I ignored the butterflies creating havoc in my stomach and tried to focus on cooking the breakfast of this huge distraction.

Every once in a while, he would give my cheek a kiss.