Prologue

Zachary North

I took my phone that sits atop my desk and dialled my sister's number angrily. It's been an hour or so since I called her to come here in the office to sign the three documents that I will be bringing for my meeting tomorrow.

As I heard the ringing on the line, I looked at the clock for the nth time and saw that it's already 11:30 in the evening, meaning, I've been waiting for her not only for an hour but for three freaking hours now.

This just made my blood boil even more.

I sighed when I got connected to her voicemail. I buried my head on both of my palms and groaned while mumbling, "You will pay for this, Olivia! You know I hate waiting so much."

Ugh, Olivia, I know she's doing this just to irk me because ever since dad forced her to work here and to marry my friend Niccolo Knights, she's being 10 times difficult to handle these days.

Good thing her friends, Erin and Jowee, were there to put her in the right track.

In order to calm myself, I took a series of deep breaths so I can return to the pile of work in front of me.

Just as I was going to reply to the email that was displayed in front of me, my door opened and I saw my sister's head popped in. I glared at her but she was unfazed by it.

She was grinning when she entered as if mocking me as well as telling me that she didn't care about me waiting for her.

"What took you so long? I called you two hours ago and you just ca---" I stopped talking when I saw someone her entered my office.

My breath got knocked out when Erin came into my view. She's dressed in a little black dress that's exposing her long slender legs, the dress hugged her body beautifully and sexily. Her face was not  heavily covered by makeup, just enough to enhance her enchanting beauty.

If only I have a way with her, I will definitely do her. But she's my sister's best friend, there's an unspoken rule to not date your sibling's friend. They're always off-limits.

I cleared my throat when I remembered that fucking norm.

"What are you doing here?" I asked aloud directing my question to Erin. I saw her fidgeting, and she looked at me before she answered.

"Olivia forced us to come up here." She said not breaking eye contact with me though I can see clearly discomfort in them.

Why? Am I making her uncomfortable? If so, how?

"Uhm, I am here also, Zac." I heard Jowee's voice and I quickly looked at her who's eyes were full of mischiefs.

To acknowledge her, I nodded and gave her a tight lipped smile. As I returned my gaze to the beautiful view, I saw my sister blocking Erin while stalking towards me.

"Now, where are the documents you wanted me to sign?" Olivia asked in irritation as she stood in front of me.

I put the three folders in front of her.

"Here. Sign these three and you may go now." I answered her nonchalantly and looked at my laptop screen.

"Seriously Zac, you delayed our night for these three documents? You could've asked either Terry or Jones to deliver these to my apartment. Saves time for the both of us." My sister as always, complained and whined, I bet she rolled her eyes while telling those words to me. The woman sure always rolls her eyes, it actually wo't surprise me if one day, her eyes got stuck because of her habit of eye rolling.

As per her suggestion, I did think of calling Jones, Olivia's driver, to hand these documents to her for her to sign but as her boss as well as teacher --- Dad assigned me to train her as she is still new here in the company. It's just right that I treat her as my subordinate like how I normally treat them.