Chapter 17

Zachary North

"I'm famished and so sleepy." Olivia leaned her head on my shoulder while we're seated at her couch in her office.

We had a four hour meeting a while ago here in her office and now, it's finally taking it's toll on the both of us.

"Yeah, me too. I guess I'll have to ditch my next meeting and let you attend it instead." I joked but said it seriously and she immediately looked me with the eyes that could kill someone.

"If you did that, I swear to God, I will sever our sibling relationship. I will denounce you as my brother and quit working here." She warned me and I just chuckled.

I ruffled her hair and leaned back on her couch.

"Why you always do that?" She slapped my hand and I just laughed.

"Because it's always fun to see your reactions." I smiled.

"Whatever. But seriously, brother, if I have to proxy you tonight then I swear to God, I will quit right this instant."

"Chill, Livy. I was just messing with you. I'm actually free after this." I said.

"Well, that's good. Do you want to have lunch? We can order if you're tired to go out." She offered and I nodded.

"What do you want to order? Or you want me to decide?"

"The latter." I said and she squealed. I shook my head because of how childish she was.

She ordered japanese food for us through the app and then leaned on the couch beside me.

We were like that for quite a while until she decided to break the silence.

"Brother?" She called me and I just hummed.

"I am so happy with Nick and Dylan..."

"I could see that." I said and I felt her hit me on my arm.

"What the fuck." I said in disbelief.

"Let me finish." She rolled her eyes and I just heaved a sigh then signalled her to continue.

"At first I was furious when Dad meddled in my life and forced me to be in a relationship with Nick. I even devised a plan for him to hate me but when I saw how good of a man he is, I fell in love with him instantly. He gave me happiness that I didn't know I was yearning for. It feels like everyday I was in dreamland because of how surreal this happiness I was feeling within." She paused and waited for my reaction so I replied quickly.

"Well, you said it to yourself, you have fallen in love with him." I said nonchalantly.

"Yes. And I want you to experience this. I want you to find someone who will make you happy, ---"

"I am happy." I interjected and I felt another hit on my arm.

"Olivia, I swear to God if you hit me again..."

"I don't care. Just let me finish what I have been telling you." She paused and I just rolled my eyes.

"Okay. Now, I want you to experience all of this. I want you to have a life outside this company, and when I say life, I meant you having a true relationship made with love with a woman of your dreams. I want you to be happy, Zac. Like really really happy. Just like what mom and dad had." She took my hand.

"Before Mom died, we had everything. We have happiness, love, a happy family, and of course, money. But when she died, we were all got affected by it and we went in separate ways to mend our broken hearts. You know she didn't want us to be sad and lonely... And most of all she doesn't want any of us to be eaten by our company alive. So please, Zac, please look for someone who can make you happy, that can make you feel alive, and could make you feel whole."