Chapter 20

Zachary North

It's been days since dad's angioplasty. Uncle Eriq, dad's doctor and friend, advised us to let dad take a bedrest with a private nurse in the manor so he could monitor further Dad's heart.

Dad was so against it but Olivia, being strict as she is, was adamant to comply and follow what Uncle Eriq had advised and prescribed.

Tonight, Olivia has organized a simple dinner here in the manor to support and cheer dad up.

"Zac, I'm disgusted already with all the food that I've been eating. From the time I was admitted in that hospital until now. I wanted to taste something! Can you at least allow me just tonight, just this once, please, son." My dad begged me while were in his study waiting for the ON couple to arrive.

I sighed at him and shook my head.

"Dad, if only I could, I would. But you know what Uncle Eriq told us, especially that Livy was in charge of your health nowadays. I can't disobey her, you know she'll get Hulk on me. So, as much as I wanted to give you food that's prohibited on you, I can't. I'm so sorry, Dad." I told him sincerely and patted his shoulder.

I admit, seeing him beg for food breaks my heart but I won't risk another heart attack from him again. Just like Uncle Eriq said last time, who knows, maybe the next heart attack will be fatal, and I of course didn't want that.

"Fine." He casually rolled his eyes and that gave me smile to my face.

I guess Olivia got her eye rolling habit from Dad.

Speaking of which, Lorna just announced that the ON couple had already arrived. I helped Dad get up from his seat and we went to the living room.

When we arrived at the living room, there I saw my sister talking to the heads of securities, chef, Gina - second to Lorna, and our gardener. I asked Niccolo who's currently watching my sister in amusement.

"What's going on?" I whispered when I stood beside him and after I made sure Dad was properly seated on the couch who was also amused by my sister's bossy nature.

"Apparently, you're sister's making new ground rules in this household. She wanted everyone to submit a daily report about Tony's activities the whole day." He paused and continued.

"Failure to comply would mean removal from service in this household." He whispered and was surprisingly in sync with Livy's final statement after she dismissed everyone.

I chuckled at it and it grabbed my sister's attention and glared at me.

"Shut up!" She said and quickly smiled at Dad when she saw him sitting comfortably on the couch.

"Hi there, old man!" She hugged dad.

"Bipolar brat." I commented and Nick chuckled lightly.

"Dad, how are you feeling? Where's Roberta?" She asked and looked around for the private nurse.

Dad stood up and was assisted immediately by Livy.

"I gave her an early dismissal today. Besides, I'm fine now, my Livy. It feels like I'm getting more sick if you and someone treated me like I'm fragile." He chuckled lightly but my sister was not having it.

Dad then patted Nick on his shoulders.

"It's nice to see you again, Niccolo. I hope my daughter's not giving you a hard time." He walked towards the dining area and we followed suit.

"She's not" then whispered another not, "not giving me a hard time." Dad laughed and Olivia hit Nick's arm.

"I heard that!" Then proceeded to hit me also, "and what you said to me a while ago, you idiot!" He was going to hit me again when Nick grabbed her arm and briefly hugged her to save me from the pre-Hulk woman.