Chapter 43

Erin McAfee

"So, did you like the movie?"

I smiled at Mason and nodded.

Today was the day I unconsciously agreed to accompany him to watch this movie he liked.

I actually forgot about it but when he called me last night reminding me about our so-called movie date tonight, I was about to cancel it but I didn't have the heart to tell him because of how excited he was on the phone.

To be honest, I was hesitant and felt uncomfortable with him because he greatly reminded me of a certain someone.

Someone who's having a time of his life dating supermodels. Someone who has no remorse nor guilt in hurting my feelings.

But why was it that even if he hurt me and even rubbed in my face that he's over me, I still has this stupid love for him?

The night I saw him with that woman, I went to Jowee's apartment and cried my heart out. I wept until I had no more tears to cry.

Why?

Why was it so hard to move on after everything he had done to me? I mean, he rubbed it in my face that I was not his priority, that he's willing to forgo our relationship over her sister's happiness, that he didn't trust me, and most of all, that he doesn't or will never love me.

I mean those were the red flags I chose to ignore because I was blinded by my love for him so I forgave him and I hadn't given up on the thought of him loving me or admitting to himself one day.

However, seeing him with that woman made me realize that I was the only one invested in our relationship. That I was just one of the women whom he thinks he could get with his charms.

And I was such an idiot for falling for his charms, for loving him, for thinking about him, and for choosing him over anyone until now--- and that was fucking irritating and annoying, which makes me hate myself even more.

For numerous times today, I kept on comparing him to Mason or reminisce about the little memories we had. I didn't even watched the movie because all throughout of it, he was the one I was thinking of, he was the one I wanted to be with in that cinema, and his shoulder was the one I wanted to lean on.

And I couldn't hate myself more!

Here I am, thinking about him and being miserable while he's having his life back prior me.

I should get a grip.

Yeah, I should!

Didn't I promise to myself that I will get myself back? Yes! That's what I am going to do.

I can cry and be hurt or I can move on with my life and treat this as a lesson to learn.

"Erin Nicole McAfee." I jerked when Mason called my full name. I looked at him and he was looking at me with a hopeful glint in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, did you say something?" I asked and he chuckled boyishly.

"I asked if there's any restaurant you have in mind for dinner?"

"Oh. Uhmm. None, actually. It's up to you." I answered shyly.

"Alright, I hope you don't mind Chinese tonight? I know a very good restaurant nearby."

"I'm fine with that."

I nodded and smiled at him then hopped into his Volvo.

As we took our orders in a very posh and expensive looking Chinese restaurant, we started talking about some stuff.