Chapter 11

Erin McAfee

"So, long time no see." Zac smirked and sat on the couch like a royalty. He looked at me from head to toe as if assessing me.

His stare made me flush and I know, 100%, that I was shamelessly blushing in front of him especially I was struggling to cover my semi-naked body with Olivia's coat.

NAKED.

Oh my God. I forgot about being one when I looked at Zac's eyes. I was so lost in his eyes for it conveyed lust and deep emotions that I couldn't even decipher to.

What are those emotions? It was the first time I saw it in his eyes that's why I forgot about being half naked in front of him.

I cleared my throat and took my shirt from the couch then went to Olivia's powder room.

As I entered, I immediately washed my face to ease the intense blush on my face. I looked at the mirror and cursed Jowee for being annoyingly exuberant a while ago.

We were having a pillow fight then one thing led to another, I saw my shirt hanging onto her hand. She even wiggled it in the air until she greeted Zac.

I was gobsmacked when I saw him standing a few feet away from me and looking at me as if I was a very attractive woman for him. I got so lost with the emotions swirling in his eyes as well as mine so I forgot about me being half-naked in front of him.

Fortunately, his sister threw her coat at me to cover myself up. I stared at my reflection and ran my eyes all over my face until it stayed on my lips.

Memories of our kiss in my apartment immediately clouded my brain. It was the best kiss I've ever experienced in my whole 23 years of life. It's the type of kiss that every literary description could describe, toe-curling, it would make your knees go weak, the stopping of the time, the one that ignites you, that melts you, and the one that would make you fall harder to that person.

But when I realized the last part, I pushed him immediately away from me because I didn't want it to happen. It will hurt me more than I was hurting now. It wasn't his fault though, he didn't know my feelings towards him as I was keeping it a secret until now.

Now what will I do? We were left alone by Jowee and Olivia to buy dinner. What will I do now? I don't want to stay in a room with Zac all alone. I have to go home. Yup. That's the best thing I can do to avoid him. Go home.

With that in mind, I wore my shirt and even out the creases then went out of the powder. I peeped on to the living room and saw him leaning his head against the couch. He looks so tired, I hope he eats well tonight.

I took my bag I thankfully placed on the receiving table to sneak out of Olivia's pad. Once I got my bag silently, I tiptoed towards the door.

"Scared to be all alone with me?" I halted and cursed under my breath for catching me while sneaking out.

I took a deep breath and faced him who's currently smirking and leaning on to the wall near the main door where I was at.

It irrate me when I saw him watching me condescendingly so I narrowed my eyes at him.

"No. More like I didn't want to be left in a room with you." I was going to turn around to leave him but what he said made me want to strangle the shit out of him.

"Oh, really? Your blush says otherwise." He started walking towards me and I frowned then took a step back until, yup you guessed it, my back hit the wall. Just like in dramas, I was cornered by Zac.

"I am not blushing, Zac. Can you just stop whatever you're doing? I didn't know how and when we became like this." I told him calmly and his eyes became even more playful. He closed the distance between us and towered over me.