Chapter 49

Erin McAfee

There are so many emotions in me right now to the point that it's in havoc and uncontrollable.

And this is because of a man.

The ONLY man who has the power to make me lose my mind because of the emotions he brought forth towards me. It's like my brain refuses to function when it comes and/or pertains to him.

I am a strong woman. Everybody knows that I am a tough woman to woo. I'm not easily swayed by words and I very well know how to avoid men that will hurt me.

But it was all thrown away when Zac barged in to my life. He's the epitome of danger in my dictionary, however, he still managed to squeeze his way and slipped pass the wall I built around my heart and to my brain --- from the men like him.

I promised myself to forget everything about him and move on with my life. I even came to terms with myself that everything was just an old fantasy so, it's best if I will stop every feelings and thoughts about him.

BUT!

There's ALWAYS a BUT when it comes to Zachary.

Everytime he shows his face to me and give me those eyes where he shows me see his raw emotions, my heart and brain automatically forego everything I promised to myself. And when I realized that I was about to abandon my selfmade promises, I get angry --- to myself. For allowing him to control both my emotions and logic.

But a while ago was different, when I saw him not being himself --- sadness and loneliness looming over him and a black eye on his left eye all I ever wanted was to hug him and assure him that everything's gonna be fine.

Thankfully, Mason was there. Although what he did was uncalled for, I was still a teeny bit thankful to him or else I'll lose my restraint.

However, it became the prelude of their brawl. Though it was understandable for Mason to do that because as he had said earlier, he has to make Zac's life a living hell because it was ordered by the mystery bidde...

I stopped my brakes suddenly when I remembered the HIM, the mystery bidder. The one who hold a grudge from Za---

"For a second there, I thought I'll die today." I heard a male voice from beside me and saw Mason holding so tight onto the roof handle while trying to stop his nosebleed.

"AAAHHH!!" I screamed when I saw him and he seconded.

"AHH, WHAT?!"

"H-how... W-why are you here?!" I asked him as I stuttered.

"Huh? You ordered me to get inside your car. I mean, you said 'get in' quite scarily and sexy." He winked at me despite the non-stop bleeding of his nose.

But I remembered now though that I told him to get inside my car once we reached my car in Livy's apartment's parking place.

I sighed and shook head. I looked at my wrist watch and

"Green's on." He said and pointed at the traffic light when he saw the confusion in my face.

I drove ahead and took a glance at him.

"Tilt your head back, Mason, and firmly pinch the soft part of your nose. We're not far from the hospital." I told him as I see my hanky being soaked up with his blood--- it's disconcerting.

"No. Just treat me, Erin. I don't want to grace the hallways of ER with a bleeding nose, have my picture taken by some random paparazzi, and be on tomorrow's paper. No. Let's just go in to your apartment." He said with his eyes close while leaning on my car's headrest.