Chapter 4

Erin McAfee

Peaceful. Calming.

That's what I was feeling whenever I drink my tea. I didn't know why but I guess that's what teas do, right, to make you feel at ease. I wonder how these dried leaves has a power to make us feel in tranquility.

"Hey!" I heard Jowee's voice as I was busy pondering how a mere tea can calm your nerves down.

I shifted my eyes from the tea and saw her took a sit in front of me and gestured for the wait staff to take her order.

"Where's Livy? Have you ordered already?" She asked after the wait staff took her orders.

"On her way, I guess. And yes, I already did." I replied while I took a sip of my tea.

We were at Ladurée to have brunch today. This is what we always do whenever we have free time, we always make it a point to see each other and squeeze in a brief get together whether over brunch or dinner.

She took her phone and dialled Olivia's number, I assume, then put it down when she saw her strutting towards our table.

"Why are you late?" Jowee asked in irritation as Livy took a sit beside me.

"Take a chill pill, Jowee. I saw you just entered while I was parking my car." She announced and I chuckled.

"Whatever. Stop laughing, you bitch!" She enunciated in annoyance.

I heard Olivia sighed and spoke.

"You and your temper. Anyway, how are you two?" She asked and gestured for a wait staff.

"I'm fine, nothing much to know." Jowee replied then looked at me.

"I'm okay, I guess. But there's this one annoying man in the office who kept on asking me to have dinner with him." I told them and they both looked at me in curiosity.

Olivia squealed while Jowee clapped her hands. It's embarrassing because they attracted some customers when they did that.

I put down Jowee's hand while I shushed Olivia.

"Guys, keep it down, for God's sake, they're looking at us." I told them but they just shrugged.

"I don't care." They both said in unison and squealed because they both said it at the same time. Which by the way, gained more onlookers.

Ugh, but to hell with it, I don't care also as long as I'm with my friends.

"So, what's his name?" Jowee asked as they stopped squealing then, our orders came.

"Jordan Smith." I pronounced his name while I put a piece of croissant in my mouth.

"Details." Said Olivia in a duh tone.

I rolled my eyes at her and spoke.

"He's the new department manager. He was the Ohio branch manager then got transferred here in our headquarters in New York. He's been here for like three weeks now, I guess? Anyway, I don't know why he got transferred here though." I told them and proceeded to eat my omelette.

"Oh my God. How does he look like? Handsome? Sexy? Hot?" Jowee asked before she drinks her hot chocolate.

"He's handsome and attractive." I answered.

"But?" Olivia added it to my sentence before I put another piece of my omelette in my mouth.

"He's so full of himself. He keeps on bothering me. Kept on calling to ask me to have lunch or dinner with him and I kept on turning him down. He just didn't know how to accept No for an answer. It's irritating." I said in irritation and heaved a sigh.