Chapter 38

Erin McAfee

I was getting ready for bed when my door bell rang. I went towards my intercom lazily to see who the hell's trying to waste my time tonight, but what I saw rendered me speechless.

I never once thought nor imagined that he will come here again. I smiled but it quickly went away when I thought of what may be the reason he's here. Please dear God, I hope he's not here to have a fight with me, I am so drained to exchange reasons with Zachary.

Once I opened my door, his lips immediately captured mine, I was goin to push him but my longing for him got the best of my emotions. Our lips danced aggressively against each other and we were fighting for dominance. However, logic was still in me so I decided to pull away and asked him what he was doing here in my apartment.

He then asked me about last night, where Alex set up a dinner to confess his feelings towards me. Of course I got angry because for the nth time, he had me followed! Why was it so hard for him to ask me or someone about everything he's curious about? Why did he need to ask Markus for everything?

I was ready to give him a piece of my mind but when he apologised to me for letting Markus to follow me around and for asking me meekly about last night, it destroyed the hard persona I was trying to muster. So I told him everything.

His eyes though, it sparkled and happiness were clearly seen in his eyes. It was actually the first time I saw him so happy without any reservations, it was pure and wholesome so when he kissed me, I got so lost until I no longer have my self restraint and control over the situation.

His kisses, it's as if the words I wanted to hear from him were being conveyed by his lips, his touches, and his gentleness. So, I decided to succumb to my feelings tonight besides, I was ready to give it myself to him.

When they said that your first night will be unforgettable, well, it was true. It was blissful and euphoric even if it hurts at first, but Zac made sure that I was okay and that I was having the pleasures. I was no expert in this field but I could say that he's very good on what he was doing. It was painful but his lips and caresses were enough to divert the pain away. Also, the way he held and pressed his body against mine was like I was so fragile that he was afraid to hurt and break.

Which was why, when we were done with our second round, when I was leaning my head on his shoulder and he's playing a strand of my hair, I decided to tell him what I've been itching to tell him.

"Zac?" I called and faced him. I smiled when I saw how flushed he was after the intense passion we shared tonight.

"Hmm?" he mumbled and gave me the boyish smile I liked to which I widened my smile and boosted my confidence to tell him.

"I love you." There, I said it. However, my confidence came crashing down when his smile immediately faltered.

He gasped and immediately stood up and quickly wore his boxers. I swear it hasn't registered on me what he was doing but when he quickly pulled up his suit pants, it came crashing on me that he didn't like what I just said to him.

I swear I wanted to hurt him while I was watching him dress up but I couldn't move nor utter a single word because it fucking hurts! This was more painful than that of what he had said to me about Olivia being more important. This one, it did not only crushed my heart but my whole being.

I gave my all to him, I gave him my heart, but what did he do in return? He broke it in front of me and threw it at my face.

Until he left my room, I stayed frozen on my bed not knowing what to do. I couldn't cry even if I wanted to but there were no tears flowing down.