Chapter 59

Erin McAfee

Zac and I were already on our way to his apartment after we had dinner with Olivia and Niccolo. Throughout the evening, I kept silent, not knowing how and what to react with everything that Livy had said. 

I can't believe that she knew everything from the start and was actually behind all this. To be honest, I didn't know how to feel as my emotions tonight were jumbled --- from being nervous and scared in meeting Justin, to being shocked when I saw Niccolo, then lead to confusion when I saw Livy laughing as she entered the room, and settled to disbelief. 

I didn't even know if I should get mad at Olivia for pulling this kind of act or not. 

Ugh! I swear I don't know what to do nor what to think. It's like my mind shut on its own. 

"We're here." I heard Zac beside me and that's when I noticed that we were already outside his apartment building. I exited the car and went inside the lobby not waiting for him as it was chilly outside. I know he will keep up as he has long legs. 

When I felt his presence beside me and smelled his cologne, I pressed the up button of the lift. 

All throughout the ride up to his penthouse, no one uttered a single word --- comfortable silence envelopes us. I sighed in contentment when I felt this familiar feeling whenever I am with him. 

As we entered his apartment, I let him lead the way while I was busy removing the straps of my heel around my ankle. 

"You know, I would understand if you want to go to your apartment." I heard what he said but due to my distracted state, I didn't quite comprehend what he said. 

"Ugh... what?" I asked as I successfully removed my feet from those killer heels.

He turned around and sadness was very much evident in his face. 

"Why? What happened?" I placed my bag on the console table and moved my heels under it with my right foot.

"Now we know that I was really not in an accident and it was all invented by my sister, y-you..." he took a deep breath and looked down, "you may return to your prior commitment. I won't hold you back, I promise." he said quietly. 

HUH?! I don't understand what he was talking about. 

"Uh? I don't understand?" I asked in confusion.

"If you wish to go to back to Amsterdam, I will let you. I promise I won't---" then it hit me. He thought that I only came back because he had an accident. Oh my God! Did he never listened to what I said last night? 

"Zachary, you're one big fucking IDIOT!" I went to him and slapped him hard. His face flew to the right due to the impact, my hand hurts also but he deserved it. 

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" I held his face and forced him to look at me. 

"Who says I will leave you? Didn't I tell you that I will not leave you again?! Oh my God!!! Where did this all came from?" I asked him in frustration then left him standing there alone. I walked towards his bedroom and directly went to his bathroom to have a nice hot bath. 

I'm glad I decided to take this bath as it somehow cleared my head. All the fatigue and exhaustion were washed away by the warm water. Also, the scent of Zac's body wash and shampoo literally releases dopamine in my brain. For me this is the perfect way to end a stressful and eventful night. 

After bathing, I went inside Zac's dimly lit room. I looked around and didn't see the him so I went out to find him. 

I sighed when I saw him sitting on the couch in his living room, thinking deeply.