Chapter 8

Erin McAfee

As we arrived at the Carlton Hotel, Alexander walked me to the restaurant where he booked us a table for tonight.

I admit, he was a gentleman and I kinda enjoy his humors. At first I thought that he's one of those guys that was so full of himself but turned out otherwise.

He doesn't talk about his work or being the heir of Vice heir. He would focus the topic about me and that he seems that he's really interested about my work. Of course I would ask a thing or two about him and that I knew that he's a pilot. I mean of course, he's the son of the owner of the country's biggest airline so what did I expect.

"Erin, I'm really really thankful that you gave me a chance tonight." He said after he took a sip of his wine.

I chuckled.

"How can I not? You were so annoying." I said and shook my head.

"I know and I'm sorry, that was the only way I can think of to make you agree tonight. I'm really sorry though." He apologized and I saw the sincerity in his eyes so I smiled.

"Just don't do it again." I answered sternly and he chuckled.

"I hope after this you would grant me another dinner?" He said in a hopeful tone but I just smiled and resumed eating.

Honestly, I was torn. I wanted to give him another chance because of his behaviour tonight but half of my mind detests it because what if he's only acting? Anyway, let's just go with the flow tonight, afterall it's the night is still young.

After we had dinner, he asked me to have coffee with him at a coffee shop that was located at a rooftop of a building. He said that he frequent there whenever he wanted to be alone and to think some stuff.

Of course I agreed, I heard that coffee shop from one of my colleagues and I have been wanting to try it out but I had no time to go there so, I think this is a great opportunity to try it out, right?

As we entered the coffee shop located at the penthouse of the building, a whiff of fresh coffee beans greeted me and it instantly made me smile and relaxed me.

We sat at the far end corner of the room which you can sight the sea of lights of New York City. It gives you tranquility and serenity, this is why Olivia likes her spot in her apartment, it gives her those feelings.

"What do you want to order?" Alex asked me after he gave me the menu.

"What do you recommend?" I asked and placed the menu atop the table.

"I recommend their Latté Macchiato. It's not so strong wherein you couldn't sleep the night. It has a balance of strong and sweet flavor, just like you."

I rolled my eyes at him and smiled a little.

"Whatever." I said and he called a wait staff to take our orders.

A woman in late twenties emerged and smiled at us.

"Hello, Alex. It's been a long time since you came here." She said in a friendly manner and I unconsciously raised my brows for I was confused as to how she knew him.

"Hey, Alexa, I've been busy for a while. Anyway, this is Erin, my friend, and Erin, this is Alexa, the daughter of the owner." Alex introduced us and I smiled at her.

"Hello, Erin, nice to meet you. So, are you two are ready to order?" She asked and Alex told her pur orders. Once she listed it, she went to the counter to make our orders.

"You knew the owner?" I asked

"Yup. He's actually my dad's friend." He said and I nodded.

"That's why you're very familiar with the place." I commented and he chuckled nervously.