Chapter 3

Zachary North

I was looking at the scenery outside my newly renovated office. It was still the same room when I was still the President of NGC but since Dad announced that I was the new Chairman of the company in our Company Anniversary. Olivia kept on bugging me to renovate my office into a more powerful interior and to extend it a little more so it's bigger than it was.

Then of course, to stop her from pestering me, I heed onto her whims and let her hire an interior designer.

I sighed when I thought of her, my sister. She really was a handful, good thing she has good friends to support her and always got her back.

For years I've seen their friendship grow and saw what each of them were. Jowee was the Protector while Erin was the Advisor and my sister is the mixture of them both.

Speaking of Erin, I almost lost my control last night. All of the men in that goddamned ballroom were looking at her as if she's some kind of a high-end meat. Good thing I was her date, every male that dared to look at her even just a glance, I gave them glares.

I knew it would happen by the time she opened her apartment door for me. She was painfully breathtaking last night that's why I lied to her in the car when I said Olivia told me to not get her put of my sight, thay she has to stay by my all throughout the night.

Last night was the first time she had a conversation with me while sober. I was looking for a hint if she remembered anything from the night that I took them home when they went clubbing. I even tried to reiterate the whole scene from the diner to her home, except of course the kiss so I hugged her instead, but nothing.

No traces of any recalls from her that night. What did I expect, of course she wouldn't remember because she was drunk, just like last time.

Anyway, that's good though, it means I won't explain anything to her and that no uneasiness and awkwardness will transpire between us. Just like last time.

I sighed and went back to my chair then opened the television mounted on the wall of my office.

There I saw a news about my sister and Niccolo announcing that they're in a relationship debunking all the news circulated about her and the famous actor that I didn't know the name of.

I admit, they looked good together. I just hope that Nick will take care of my sister.

"Since when?" I heard a voice and I looked at the door and saw my two best friends, Neil and Skylar.

"Yeah, since when, Zac?" Sky asked and they both sat on the chairs that was located in front of my desk.

I shut the TV off then directed my attention to them.

I hate to do this but I had to lie because no one knew about the Dad's deal to Nick and Livy, except me and her two best friends.

"I don't know. I just knew about it days before they announced it to the public." I answered them in nonchalance.

"And you accepted it primly? Because he's your friend?" Neil asked in disbelief.

"Of course not. When I knew about it, I quickly went to his office then punched him in his gut." I replied. That's true though, when I knew that he agreed to the deal, I immediately went to his office them gave a piece of my mind.

"What did he do? I mean, how did he dated Livy without you knowing it?" Sky asked then smirked while he played with the pen on my table.

I shrugged and unlock my iMac to avoid their questions.

"This is so funny. I've been waiting for this day to happen. That a man slipped from the eyes of the oh-so-protective brother. Oh and that man was a FRIEND of the BROTHER." Neil commented then they both laughed aloud.