Chapter 56

Erin McAfee

Have you ever felt the need to vomit because your head was spinning with anticipation, nervousness, and uneasiness? 

Well, I'm feeling that now while I am in the car with Mason en route to the hospital where Zac is being confined.

I have a feeling that I will be like this even if I see him already.

"Erin, just breath, okay. Breath." I heard Mason's soft voice beside me. 

"Is Zac okay, Mason?" I asked for the hundredth time. I've been asking him this same question since I saw him waiting for me at the airport. 

That night, when I blacked out, I immediately regained my consciousness then quickly booked myself a flight home and called Mason to ask him the full details of the accident. 

He said that Zac got ran over by an unidentified car seconds after he went out of the NGC building. 

I asked him how did he know that it was Justin, the one that apparently holds intense grudge on Zac. He said that when that Justin knew that Zac came to Amsterdam, he thought that Zac and I already got back together. He also told me that he, Justin, was following me since I left.

My God, just by hearing this, I got goosebumps. 

Anyway, when he thought that we were already together, he didn't like it because he wanted Zac to be miserable as he was these past few months. But it won't happen when he and I patched things up. That's why he told Mason that he will do everything to make Zac's life miserable even if he has to use dirty and extreme ways. 

Although they still don't have a proof that that Justin was behind all this, Mason called me to notify me what happened because I was the only one whom he told him about. 

"The last time I spoke to Olivia, she said that he's out of danger already but the doctor told them that Zac is in a light coma." I broke down when I heard the last part. 

Oh my God... Coma. That means he's still not okay. Please God, let him live his life. He doesn't deserve this and please don't take him away from me yet. Please. 

"But Erin, please don't tell anything to Olivia first..." I looked at him like he grew two heads. 

"Are you nuts? This has already happened and you still didn't want to tell her that---"

"No. At least not right now. I will have my men look first for a solid proof or evidence that Justin was behind all of this. If we move on impulse, he will do something much more than this. Remember, he is STEPS away ahead from us --- he controls the game. The best way was to act oblivious and show him that everyone believed that this was just a mere accident." he explained. 

Mason has a point though but til when? Up until when should we act oblivious with everything. 

"Fine, I will only give you three days to find proof. If after the deadline you won't present anything, I will tell everything I know of to the Norths." I said an ultimatum. 

He sighed and hesitantly agreed. 

As we arrived at the hospital, I quickly ran to his room and saw Jowee comforting Olivia outside Zac's room. 

As I neared them, my legs became jelly and my heart pounded a thousand times more. Seeing Olivia cry like that tells me that I need to brace myself of Zac's state. Oh dear, I don't think I can see him in that kind of state, weak, vulnerable, and fighting for his life, but I have to be strong for him.

He didn't want this, me being weak because of him. No. Instead, he wanted me to be strong for him, for myself.

However, I couldn't seem to move my legs from where I was standing. Suddenly, I felt two strong arms held my arms and assisted me to walk. I already knew it was Mason so I acknowledged his help.