LVI

Eventually, Mark says, "We should get up."

"Let's just not," I mumble and inch closer to him.

He smiles, "You don't know how much I want that." We stay there for like a minute, then he starts moving again. He sits up and gets up. Suddenly, I'm cold. His heat is gone.

"You should go hang out with Kendall," Mark says.

I nod and then say, "Yeah, but I'm not leaving until I get some fettuccine to take home."

Mark smiles and walks to the kitchen. He puts some in a bowl and wraps it. I take it and say, "Thank you."

He kisses my forehead and says, "I'll see you soon."

"Saying goodbye to me already?" I ask, pretending to be hurt.

He nods, "Drive safe though."

I roll my eyes and say, "You're just going to see your other girlfriend, right?"

"That's exactly it," he says, sarcastically.

I grab my keys and wave as I walk out. I sing loudly as I drive back to my house.

I spend some time with Prescott after. On Thursday, I drive to get a few bagels. They are delicious.

Mark texts me around 10, "I'll pick you up at 7."

I smile and lay out by the pool with Kendall. We drink smoothies for lunch but don't stay out too long. I don't want to be too burned.

I shower later and get ready with Kendall. She helps me pick out an outfit and does my hair. We just naturally wave it and with the natural glow on my face, I don't need to do much makeup. I just brush my eyebrows and put on some mascara.

I sit on the couch and go on my phone as I wait. A few minutes after 7, I get a text from him saying he's here. I hug Kendall and then walk out.

When I get in his car, he leans over and kisses me. "You look beautiful," he says.

"Thank you. You look great too."

He smiles as he drives away. We drive for a little while, but I have no idea where we are. I don't think I've driven in this area in a while.

He turns into a restaurant that looks really expensive. We both get and out. He wraps his arm around me and whispers, "You ready?"

I nod, "Yeah, let's do this."

We walk in and are led to our table in another room. When we sit down and order our drinks, I ask, "How did you get a reservation here?"

He smiles, "My dad knows the owner."

I laugh as I shake my head to myself. Of course he does. I look through the menu and almost gasp at the prices. Everything's like $50 or more. Geez.

I end up ordering the chicken parmesan with the vodka-sauce pasta that comes with it. "This looks so good," I squeal, before eating it.

He stares at me with a weird smile. "What?" I ask.

He keeps smiling, "Nothing. You're just really cute when you see food you want to eat."

I roll my eyes and start to eat. He stares for a few seconds then starts eating. The food is amazing! I want to eat it slowly but I can't stop eating it.

For dessert, he ordered a bundt cake which they put a candle on. I blow it out without any singing because it would be weird if it was just him.

The cake is amazing. "I feel like it'll be a better gift if I just don't eat any."