LVII

I jump up a little, scared half to death. My heart definitely skipped a few beats. Everyone is staring at me. I smile and say hello to everyone.

"Mark? You did this?" I ask.

He smiles, "Yeah, are you good with this?"

I nod, "Of course. Thank you. So, there was never a recruiter meeting?"

"There was. I had it earlier this week."

"Oh, how'd it go?" I ask.

"It was fine. Enough about that. Grab a drink." He gets me a drink and opens it. I sip it and talk to people.

There's a lot of mingling. I am so overwhelmed by this whole thing. I see Kendall there too. "Did you suspect anything?" she asks.

"Not at all," I say.

A few seconds later, I see Leo too. "Hey Leo! It's been a while!" I say.

He hugs me and says, "Happy birthday MC!"

"Thank you! And thank you for coming!" I say, happy to see him again. I hope he and Kendall will be fine both being here.

I drink a lot more and enjoy myself. When you're the star of the show, nothings really awkward. Everyone here knows who I am and wants to have a conversation with me. It's nice because sometimes parties are so awkward.

Kendall and I dance together to one of our favorite songs. I see Mark walk in the room and stare at me with a smirk. I smile at him and keep dancing.

He looks to the side then walks over. He puts his arms around my neck and holds me still. He whispers something that I didn't catch except "room." I think the smile on my face was enough to say yes to whatever he was saying.

He takes my arm and leads me away. Kendall raises her eyebrows as I go, leaving me confused. Is that about Leo? I feel bad if it was. I don't want to make her feel bad.

When Mark and I get to his door, he started kissing me against the frame. He pushes hair out of my face as he kisses. It's passionate, probably because we're both so drunk.

He stops and we go through the door and to his bed. He goes on top of me, using his forearm to hold his weight. He keeps going.

Then his hand hovers over the bottom of my top. It seems like he is hesitating before he tries to take it off. I stop and say, "Mark," and stare at him. He looks at me as he catches his breath. I shake my head, telling him no. He starts kissing me again.

A few minutes later, he reaches for it again. I stop again, "Mark, no." He nods and stands up, "I'm going to get a drink. I'll get you something."

I stand up after him. Then we walk back to the living room. Mark sits down with two drinks in his hands. I sit in his lap and take one. I chug it then kiss him.

He puts his arm around me and chugs his own. I see some girls standing over me, talking amongst themselves. "Yeah?" I ask.

One says, "Can we talk to you?"

I look at Mark with confusion. He shrugs and kisses me. I catch my breath as I stand up.

"What?" I say once I'm up. They walk towards a corner, so I follow them. One of the girls takes a deep breath and says, "We need to tell you something."

I furrow my brow and stare at her. One of the girls continues, "My boyfriend was really drunk and told me something. It's really important so please take a deep breath."

I breath a little and say, "Okay?"

"Apparently, the junior guys had a competition this summer to see who could stay with you the longest."