Eleven.

I was feeling a lot better when I met Emma, Mary and Jon the next day; I’d called Linda and we talked and talked for hours until we both fell asleep. I still hadn’t talked to Greg or Ashton but I still didn’t feel ready for that.

Emma noticed that something wasn’t completely okay with me and suggested to go clubbing that night. I wasn’t too familiar with clubs and dancing wasn’t particularly my thing but I was trying new thing and that was probably a perfect occasion. The day went on rather quickly and I spent most of my classes planning the night with Emma; she was going to pick me up at 7 and we were going to go eat something with Mary before heading to a club they both liked.

I ran out of the shower; a towel tightly wrapped around my body as I made my way over to my cupboard and started searching for the little black dress I had decided on wearing. I put it on and adjusted it before walking back to the bathroom to apply a bit of makeup. I took special care of my hair; curling it to perfection before letting it fall down my back.

I was just about to put my heels on and put a few essentials in my purse when I heard a knock on my front door.

“COME IN! THE DOOR’S UNLOCKED!” I yelled after checking the time. I was a bit late and I hurried toward my room; putting my phone, a lipstick and a small mirror in my clutch bag before sitting on my bed and sliding my feet into a pair of black high heels.

“I’m gonna be ready in a minute; I’m so sorry” I said to Emma after I’d heard her come in. She didn’t answer and I wondered if she was mad at me but shrugged as I thought she probably didn’t even hear me.

I walked to the living room and grabbed my coat before turning around; a big smile on my face.

“Okay we can g-” I stopped dead in my track as the person who was standing in front of me looked nothing like Emma.

“Where are you going?” Ashton asked; his voice hesitant as he didn’t make a move to get closer; which I was happy about.

“Huh… Out with a friend… What are you doing here?” I asked; trying not to sound too harsh as all I could see when I looked at him was his fist colliding with Chris’ jaw.

“You haven’t called back” he stated and he looked so lost I felt the urge to wrap my arms around him. But then I heard his cold voice in the back of my mind; asking Greg to take me away and anger rose in my chest again.

“I’m too mad at you right now” I answered before turning around toward the door; hoping that Emma would just knock and save me from my own soul mate.

“Honesty time?” he asked; hope evident on his face as he raised his eyebrows and gave me a small smile. That was probably the last thing he should’ve said, though.

“Honesty time? You’re calling an honesty time, now? Let me remind you the last time I decided to be totally honest with you; you decided to break your promise and my trust with it. So what’s the point? Tell me, Ashton!” I shouted; tears appearing in the corners of my eyes as I felt my whole body heat up.

He opened his mouth and was just about to reply when a small knock stopped him and I shook my head before walking to my front door and letting Emma in. She hugged me and waved at Ashton before frowning at me.

“You didn’t tell me one of your friends would come to; I’m so happy to meet you…”

“Ashton; but he’s not coming with us” I answered, my voice as cold as ever as I gave him a look that indicated that he had to leave. He looked frustrated and that made me happy somehow; he couldn’t say anything anymore; he now knew just how mad I was and he’d have to think about it for tonight at least.