Thirty seven.

I woke up to the feeling of two soft lips upon my cheek. I smiled and kept my eyes shut as Ashton whispered my name against my skin. He had brushed his teeth and I slowly turned around to see that he was also showered and dressed. I frowned as I noticed that it wasn't the shirt and pair of jeans he was wearing the day before. He even had the time to go back to his apartment.

"Got somewhere to go?" I mumbled against my pillow as I buried my face in it.

"The studio" he simply answered, as if it was evident. "I got to leave in thirty minutes" he said as he brushed a strand of hair off my face and placed a kiss on my cheek before wrapping an arm around my waist and snuggling closer to me.

"I still haven't heard that song" I quietly complained and he chuckled before letting out a small sigh.

"I have a bit of it recorded on my phone... The chorus" he whispered before moving beside me to retrieve his phone.

I smiled contently and waited as he searched through his phone and started playing a poor audio. I could barely hear anything about the music; I could only make out the words and the rhythm.

You look so perfect standing there
In my American Apparel underwear
And I know now,
That I'm so down

"It's not your voice" I stated and his eyes searched my face as he shook his head.

"It's Michael's, it was the first stage of writing it" he informed me and I turned my head to him to get a proper look at him.

"Who's the song about?" I asked, wanting to know more about the boys he spent most of his time with.

"Michael's soulmate... Andrew... And you" he shyly confessed and my breath got hitched in my throat as a small frown appeared on my face.

"I never wear your underwear" I replied and he grinned before leaning in to peck the tip of my nose.

"No, that's definitely about Andrew... But I still wrote half of the song" he replied as he subjectively rose his eyebrows at me.

"Oh my god, sing it to me!" I demanded as I quickly sat up and looked down at him on the bed.

A very light shade of pink rose to his cheeks and I took a moment to admire him as he started chewing on his bottom lip. I wasn't used to seeing him so shy... I even wondered if it had anything to do with what had just happened with Chris and Greg; if it was hard for him to open up to me after that. I slowly leaned in and placed my lips on his, hoping that would be enough for him to let go of his insecurities.

"What if you don't like it?" he said as he planted his eyes in mine.

"I think you've read some things of mine that you didn't necessarily like" I pointed out and he smiled before closing his eyes and letting out a loud sigh.

"Okay, so huh... I wrote half of the chorus, you heard Michael's part but huh... Mine goes like this: Your lipstick stain is a work of art and I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart and I know now that I'm so down" he quietly sang and I felt myself getting emotional as he opened his eyes again and looked at me.

His voice was small as he didn't seem fully comfortable but he had a beautiful tone to it. He seemed so small for a second. And I wanted to hold him forever, and hear him sing for the rest of my life.

"Go on" I encouraged as I gave him a genuine smile.

"Let's get out, let's get out, cause this deadbeat town's only here just to keep us down. While I was out, I found myself alone just thinking if I showed up with a plane ticket and a shiny diamond ring with your name on it, would you wanna run away too? Cause all I really want is you" He sang and his voice died at the end as he studied my face.