Five.

“So have you and Ashton sealed the deal yet?” Linda casually asked as we walked out of Forever 21 with two big bags in our hands.

“Please, tell me you’re not asking whether we had sex or not… Seal the deal? Seriously?” I replied as I threw my head back and looked at the sky in desperation.

“That’s exactly what I meant, and judging by your outraged face, I’m guessing the answer’s no so next shop’s definitely a lingerie store because you just gotta look your best!” she said as she clapped her hands in excitement. I stopped in the middle of the street and waited for her to turn around before speaking.

“Not happening, Linda! Don’t you think I’m gonna be nervous enough when it is going to happen? I don’t want to have to worry about looking good in expensive lingerie on top of that” I explained as I started walking again. She smiled at me and slid her arm under mine.

“Honey, if you DON’T buy lingerie, you’re gonna find yourself absolutely frightened at the idea of stripping in front of your ridiculously good looking boyfriend, knowing that you’re wearing some hideous granny pants and a bra that doesn’t match!” she explained as she pulled me in the lingerie store. I let out a big sigh but didn’t protest as I knew I would lose this one anyway.

We were both laughing hysterically when we walked out of the store because the cashier had hit on me a bit too obviously and as always when that kind of situation happened to one of us, Linda and I had pretended that we were soul mate.

“I hope we’ll still get to do that, you know, now that you have Ashton” Linda let out and even though she tried to sound joyful, I could hear a tiny glint of worry in her voice.

“Hey! Nothing’s gonna change; I’m still me, and you know that I wouldn’t let any boy change anything about the way our friendship is! And you know what? I’ll take you on a date, just like we used to do a few years ago, I don’t know why we stopped, it was pretty fun” I reassured her and she gave me her most genuine smile as we both walked toward her car.

We threw the bags in the trunk and hopped in the car. She drove all the way from the mall to my house and right as we got out of the car, an idea appeared in the back of my mind.

“I really want a milkshake!” I announced and she flashed me a grin. There was a little shop just down my street that sold a-m-a-z-i-n-g milkshakes and during the really hot summer days, we would always come here and order two each, just because we could.

We arrived at the place and immediately ordered our favorite ones before going to seat in the corner of the little room. We talked and laughed and talked some more and we only decided to go home oncce we realized just how dark it was outside.

We both got up from our seat and Linda started walking toward the door when the tingling of the bell, indicating that a new customer had just arrived echoed through the place. I lifted my eyes up and my whole body froze as I was met with familiar grey orbs. They had haunted me nights after nights for so long, I couldn’t not recognize them.

It was like the world had stopped spinning; there wasn’t enough air in the room and I wasn’t even sure my heart was beating anymore. He was standing right in front of me; his dark hair perfectly done and his face absolutely spotless. He was dressed in all black as always but it was intimidating now.

He was looking at me and I think I would have been okay with it if it wasn’t for the smirk that was playing on his face. He seemed really happy of my confused state and I hated myself for being so weak, but it was like my body wasn’t responding anymore. I wanted to scream and run, but all I could do was stand there and look at the man who had hurt me so badly in the past.