Part 5

Shashi: we'll take your leave then..

Saying that karan took hold of khushi's hand and they all started to leave when they heard Arnav..

Arnav: (from top of the stairs) hold on.

Everyone turned to see Arnav getting down the stairs.. They all were wondering  what Arnav had say.. Arav just hopped that Arnav does not mess things up..

Arnav: (coming down the stairs) Mr. Gupta.. wont you tell Khushi how we are related?

Shashi and Garima looked at each other and then at Arnav.. shashi dint want khushi to know her past which would just lead her to get hurt.. but seeing Arnav so keen on letting khushi know about their past he was sure he could not hide it anymore.. but he nevertheless tried..

Shashi: Arnav.. We will talk about it later.. we need to leave..

Khushi: dad.. what is he talking about?

Shashi  looked at Garima worried that khushi will know the truth now..

Arnav: Mr. Gupta.. your daughter is asking you something.. answer her..

Arav: enough chote..

Arnav:(smirking) what?.. I'm just letting Khushi know how we all are related.. or should I say.. How she is related to me..

Maya was angry on Arnav.. why was he hell bent on letting Khushi know.. why doesn't he let them leave so that they don't need to bring the past back.. Knowing that this girl was khushi Gupta who is a bad luck to their family.. Maya dint want her in the house.. she wanted them to leave as soon as possible.. and Dadi was fuming.. she never wanted Khushi back in their lives.. While Khushi was hell confused on what was going on here.. What was Arnav talking about?

Khushi: dad.. what is he saying? We are related to them? How?

Shashi: khushi.. your dad and Arav were good friends..

Khushi: (relieved) ohh..

Shashi: lets leave.. (saying that they were leaving when)

Arnav: wait Mr.Gupta.. why are you in such a hurry? Let khushi know how we are really related..

Shashi:(angrily) Arnav...

Arnav: (ignoring Shashi and turning to Khushi) you are my fiance Khushi.. We were engaged when we were young by our parents wish..  

Khushi was stunned by what she heard.. Engaged? To Arnav? How? Why?.. And why wasn't she aware of this? Shashi on the other hand was hell angry on Arnav.. why was he doing this? What was his purpose? Why couldn't he leave his daughter alone? Karan was not less shocked.. He too was wondering what was going on? How can khushi be engaged?

Maya: (coming to Arnav) chote.. that's enough now..

Arnav: one minute mom..

Arnav moved towards khushi.. who was rooted to the spot.. With tearful eyes.. shocked on what was revealed to her..  

Arnav: its true that we were engaged Khushi.. I know it comes as a shock to you because your parents never revealed this fact to you.. I have no idea why dint they tell you.. but never mind.. now that you know the truth..  I..

Shashi: (not letting Arnav continue) enough of your nonsense Arnav.. Don't forget that the engagement was broken years back.. And now Khushi doesn't relate to any of you in any way..  Let's go Khushi..

Dadi who was fuming all this time seeing the scene in front of her finally removed her anger..

Dadi: yes Shashi.. its better you take your daughter away from us.. she has already eaten her real parents and my son was almost dead because of her.. I don't want her in my family and risk my families members life with her bad fortune..