Part 57

1 week later..

It was Saturday evening and Arnav and khushi were supposed to attend Arnav's friend and business associate siddharth's wedding Anniversary.. They reached the venue and moved in..

Khushi was in a blue-green designer saree.. her hair curled.. making her look more beautiful and Arnav was in his gray 3 piece suite with black shirt and tie looking dashing as always. 

They moved in and were welcomed by Siddharth and his wife Naina.. They congratulated the couple and stood chatting to them when someone tapped khushi's shoulder.. 

Khushi turned behind to see her friend Mia in a yellow saree grinning at her.. khushi was surprised seeing Mia here.. Mia hugged khushi and greeted Arnav with a smile.. Arnav too smiled back at her..

Khushi: (pulling back from the hug) Mia.. what a pleasant surprise! when did you return from cape town?

Mia: yesterday evening.. i wanted to call you but then i knew you would be attending Sidhart's party so thought of surprising you..

Khushi smiled.. 

Mia: (teasing) khushi you have become so busy with your married life nowadays that you've forgotten your friends completely..

Khushi: No its nothing like that..

She blushed making Arnav smirk and everyone else laugh.. 

*****

The dinner was over and khushi was pulled away to the other corner by Mia wanting to catch up.. 

Khushi and Mia were busy talking and laughing about something when Naina came to them with lavanya.. 

Khushi was not happy seeing lavanya here.. why did this woman had to be everywhere they went.. Naina introduced lavanya to khushi and Mia..

Naina: Meet lavanya SM company's (Sidhart's company) previous model and a very good friend of mine.. 

Khushi gave a half smile to lavanaya and mia too smiled at her.. Naina and Mia did not know that lavanya was Arnav's ex girlfriend.. 

****

Arnav who was standing with his associates and Aman was shocked to see khushi standing with mia, Naina and lavanya.. what the hell was lavanya doing here??

Arnav: Aman.. what the hell is lavanya doing here?

Aman looked where Arnav was looking to see lavanaya standing with khushi, mia and Naina.. 

Aman: i dont know ASR.. i dint know that she was invited too.. 

Arnav: damn it! Aman.. i need to get khushi out of here before its too late.. 

Arnav moved across the room to khushi in few long strides only to hear Naina speak..

Naina: khushi im sure you'll be knowing her as she's the current model of AR.. 

Arnav cursed under his breath as he saw colour draining from khushi's face.. 

Khushi looked at Naina shocked.. Naina still continued oblivious of what problem she was creating for Arnav.. 

Naina: (to lavanya) you just joined AR this week, right?

Lavanya: yeah.. khushi we met on Saturday at the hotel and ASR appointed me on Monday.. 

She smiled..

Khushi looked on feeling numb inside.. Arnav had appointed lavanya? Despite knowing the fact what lavanya was..

Khushi gulped the lump forming in her throat and saw Arnav standing behind Naina.. she looked at him hurt and he looked at her with a guilty.. 

He moved to them and excused himself and khushi.. he held khushi's hand and was moving out when Khushi got her hand out of his grip..