Part 36

Few more days passed and khushi and nikhil both had completely recovered from the injury.. Arnav and shashi had strictly prohibited khushi from going to office.. According to them.. She needed a break from all the office work and stress..

it was Monday morning and the whole family were at the breakfast table having breakfast.. arnav was having his juice with khushi sitting beside him..

Dad: maa..(dadi) jayant had called last night to make sure that we are attending his daughter Ananya's  wedding..

Jayant was one of Arav's close friend in Delhi..

Dadi: hmm.. And what did you say?

Dad: I told him we'll try.. He wants our entire family to attend it..

Maya: yeah.. so what's the problem? we should definitely attend it..

Dad: yeah.. we should.. but the thing is that its a destination wedding.. its not going to be in Delhi..

mami: (excited) Hello hi bye bye.. destination wedding..  attend kare ka pari..

Nani: where is it held then?

Dad: its in Mumbai.. if we attend it.. we'll have to leave after three days on Thursday.. as the wedding is on Friday and the reception is on Saturday..

Shyam: that's nice dad.. actually I was planning to take Anjali for a short holiday.. if we all attend it.. jayant uncle would feel good and we can get a short holiday too..

Akash: yeah.. and as it is we don't have any important meetings this week..

Dad: hmm.. sounds good..

The whole family was excited for the short holiday plus destination wedding including khushi.. they all were just going to start planning about the trip when Arnav spoke..

Arnav: I won't be able to make it dad.. I've got an important meeting this weekend..

khushi looked at Arnav disappointed.. she wanted to attend the wedding with Arnav and here he was planning not to attend it..

Anjali: cancel it chote..

Arnav: I can't cancel it di.. its important.. but you guys go ahead.. I'll ask Aman to book the flight tickets for the whole family..

Dad: are you sure chote? you can cancel the meeting.. you'll get a break too..

Arnav: no im fine dad..

Dad: (turning to khushi) and what about you beta? you're joining us right?

Before khushi could answer.. Arnav spoke..

Arnav: she's staying back with me..

All heads turned to Arnav surprised at his straight forward answer.. They all laughed understanding why Arnav wanted khushi to stay with him.. making khushi blush and Arnav smirk..

The breakfast was over and it was decided that the family except Arnav and khushi were leaving for mumbai on Thursday and would be back on Monday afternoon..

Arnav was leaving for office and khushi as usual moved with him to drop him till the outside stairs.. the whole family had noticed this.. it had been their routine of khushi dropping Arnav every morning.. Arnav would not leave without getting a good bye kiss from his wife.. The family smiled seeing them loving each other so much..

*****************

Evening (RM) 5:00 pm

Arnav and Akash were informed by maya to come back early from office as they had arranged a satsang at home for tonight.. Actually the satsang was supposed to be in the weekend but had been pre pond because of their trip.. They to see the whole house decorated with flowers.. Arnav scanned the hall to find his wife.. and there she was.. standing with payal in a plain designer red saree (Diwali one) hair tied with a clip.. making a list of something with a note pad in one hand and pencil in other.. she hadn't noticed him yet.. He couldn't take his eyes of her seeing her in his favourite colour.. she looked so damn hot in Red.. how he wished to carry her to their room and make love to her right this instance..