Part 19

They sat in the car and Arnav started driving to RM... Both were quiet.. khushi was waiting for him to speak but he dint.. He was driving quietly.. she wanted to know why did he plan all this.. she waited for few minutes looking out of the window but finding him still silent she turned to him thinking of breaking the silence..

Khushi: thanks for the dinner..

Arnav: hmm.. (He said still looking in front and driving)

What was wrong with him? She thought.. Before she could say anything else they reached home.. Parking the car they both got down.. They moved inside and were stopped by the family who were sitting in the living room waiting for them.. Arnav saying that he was tired moved to his room and khushi sat with the family answering their questions..

Payal: how was it?

Khushi: how was what?

Anjali: oh come on khushi.. the dinner.. how was it?

Khushi: it was good..

Payal: where had you been?  The new double tree hotel?

Khushi: no.. We had been to my house..

Anjali: what?

Khushi told them how Arnav planned all this.. The whole family was surprised.. Arnav took her for dinner to Gupta mansion.. They could see how much Arnav was concerned about his wife's happiness that he dint mind taking her to her parents house the very next day of wedding for dinner..

Mami: Arnav bitwa has become total joru ka gulamwa..

They all burst out laughing.. Teasing khushi for a while they all retired back to their rooms and khushi moved back to her room.. She was nervous thinking what will Arnav do tonight.. she was going to be alone with him tonight.. What if he tries getting close to her? How will she maintain distance? Finally reaching their rooms door she took a deep breath and opened the door..  She was taken aback by what she saw.. He was lying on his side of the bed and was asleep...  what the... He slept? She moved in the bathroom to get changed.. She came out after few minutes changed in her green night dress and moved to her side of the bed.. Lying on her side she faced him and saw him in deep slumber.. he looked so cute when he was asleep.. Just like a small baby..  Caressing his cheek lightly with the back of her finger.. Feeling his slight stubble..  She started talking to him in a low voice..

Khushi: you look so cute and innocent when you are asleep.. Just like a baby.. But when you are awake.. You are a monster... A total monster.. Who just wants his way no matter what..

She smiled..

Stopping caressing his cheek she dozed off still facing him... Arnav felt her asleep and opened his eyes.. He was awake all this while.. He had heard everything that she said..  Watching her sleep for a while he finally dozed off..

...

Next day

Khushi woke up the next morning..  She got up and sat on the bed.. She could see he was not in the room.. Where was he then? She thought of getting her bath till he was not in the room.. What if he plans to bath with her again? She got up and moved in to have her bath.. Finishing her bath she moved out and could see he was still not back.. She stood in front of the mirror wearing her bangles and mangal sutra.. she was just about to apply the sindoor when she saw him entering from the mirror.. He was in his jogging suit.. So he had been for his morning jog.. He saw her once.. She was in blue and green saree.. He moved in the bathroom to have his bath.. She could see he was ignoring her.. That was good, right? That's what she wanted.. It was helping her keep her distance.. Then why was it pricking her seeing him ignore her..  Brushing her thoughts away.. Applying the sindoor she moved down..