Part 32

Saturday morning (RM)

Arnav was in his room getting ready for office in his grey suit and khushi was sitting on the bed in her blue nighty sulking.. Both arguing over something...

khushi: Arnav I want to go watch the race..

Arnav: I said you are not going khushi..

khushi: but why?

Arnav: because you are not well..

khushi: im perfectly fine..

Arnav: don't be stubborn khushi.. I had denied you to have ice cream.. but you dint listen to me.. you saw the consequences.. Now don't argue and do as I say..

khushi recalled how she had not listened to Arnav and had been too stubborn for ice cream..

Flashback starts..

it was Tuesday evening and Arnav and khushi were going home from work.. the weather was not good and hence Arnav had denied khushi to drive home by herself.. he picked her from her dad's office and now both were on their way home.. it was drizzling outside.. they were standing in the red light when snoopy's (ice cream shop) caught khushi' eye and her mouth watered thinking about the chocolate sundae ice cream they had here..

khushi: Arnav I want ice cream..

Arnav: what the! khushi.. look at the weather.. you can't have ice cream in such a weather..

khushi: Arnav please..

she was now giving him her famous innocent puppy dog eyes.. but Arnav knew better than to fall for those eyes.. if it would have been something else he would have never said no to her.. but he knew what she was asking for was not good for her health at the moment and hence he denied..

Arnav: no khushi..

khushi: please.. just one chocolate sundae ice cream.. I've not had had that ice cream for so long..

Arnav: I said no khushi.. You'll get sick..

khushi: I won't.. I always used to have ice creams in such cold weather's in london..

Arnav: that was London khushi... this is Delhi.. You'll get sick if you have ice cream in such a weather..

khushi: you won't get me ice cream, right? Fine! I'll go get it myself..

Saying that she was about to open the car door and move out when Arnav stopped her..

Arnav: wait! I'll go get it for you..

khushi's face brightened up like a five year old who was eager to get her ice cream and Arnav shook his head in amusement.. His wife was such a kid at times.. he pulled his car over and got down to get her the ice cream.. five minutes later he came back with her chocolate sundae ice cream and handing it to her he took his seat and started driving..

Arnav: you're so stubborn khushi..

khushi: (gobbling down the ice cream) whose wife am I?

she giggled and Arnav smirked.. it was true indeed.. he was damn stubborn.. his wife was bound to be at least half of how much he was..

Flashback ends..

khushi had been sick the very next day after having the ice cream..  With cold and high fever.. Arnav had been extremely worried.. he had denied her to have ice cream but she had not listened to him..

Arnav had immediately called the doctor when he had felt her body burning with fever the next morning.. the doctor had checked her and had prescribed some medicines.. saying that it was due to having ice cream in such a cold weather..

Arnav had strictly prohibited khushi from going office or doing house work.. he had stayed at home with her these three days taking care of her.. Today was the 4th day and khushi was much better after all the care she got from Arnav and the rest of the family.. her fever was gone.. she just had a sore throat..

Arnav was still not ready to go to office.. but after khushi assuring him 100th time that she was fine and there were many people at home to take care of her and so he should go to work to attend the important meeting that needed his attention.. he finally agreed and was getting ready for office..

But now khushi had come to know that Nikhil was participating in a national bike race today and her mom along with Anjali and payal were going to go watch and cheer him at the race.. she too wanted to join them.. but Arnav was not allowing her to.. according to him she was not fully recovered..

khushi: but im just going to sit and watch Nikhil's race.. what does that have to do with my sickness?

Arnav who was now tying his tie moved to the bed and placed the back of his hand on her forehead checking her temperature for the fifth time since morning... he knew that her fever was gone but he dint want to take any risk by allowing her to go to the crowdie race.. it might worsen her cold..

khushi: see.. My fever Is gone.. I'm completely okay..

Arnav: I don't like repeating myself Khushi.. I said No means No..

He said that and leaned down to kiss her forehead..

Arnav: be a good girl and stay home with nani and mom.. I've asked mom to give you your medicines on time.. ill be back soon, okay?

khushi dint reply to him.. she was mad.. she wanted to go watch Nikhil's race which Arnav was not allowing.. Arnav could see she was angry.. bu he knew it was just temporary.. it would be all gone by the time he would be back by the meeting.. he smiled and left for office..
...

2 hours later...

khushi was still in her room sulking when Maya came in with a stray of snacks and medicines for khushi.. she saw her sulking and smiled.. she placed the tray aside and sat on the bed next to her..

maya: what happened to my daughter in law? why is she sulking?

khushi: mom.. I want to go watch the race..

maya: so who is denying you?

khushi: your son..

She said irritated and maya smiled...

maya: his not wrong khushi.. his worried for you..

khushi: I know mom.. but im fine now.. and I dont want to miss seeing Nikhil participating..

Maya could see how upset khushi was.. she thought of helping her.. she knew Arnav was being over worrying.. Watching and cheering Nikhil would not harm khushi for sure.. she thought for a minute and then spoke..

maya: maybe I can help you with it..

khushi: (smiling) really?

maya nodded..

maya: but then you have to finish this snacks and have your medicines..

khushi agreed readily..

khushi: but mom.. how will you help me?

maya: you can go watch the race with Anjali and payal.. and come back before Arnav is back.. so that way he won't know that you had been to the race and you will be able to watch Nikhil participating too..

khushi smiled and hugged maya getting happy...

khushi recalled something and pulled back from the hug...

khushi: but what if Arnav calls?

maya: ill handle him.. dont worry..

khushi: mom.. I love you.. you are the best mother in law ever..

maya: but promise me you will take care of yourself..

khushi: I promise..

She said that and started having the snacks.. it was 10:30 am right now.. The race starts at 12 pm.. she still had time to get ready and join Anjali and payal who was starting at 11:30am..

To be Continued..