Part 25

Khushi and payal both entered in with the sweets and Arnav moved to his room to get ready for office.. He so wanted to know her answer to his confession but he knew he needed to give her time and space.. He dint want her to think that he lusts her.. Khushi saw him moving out.. She too wanted to talk to him.. But dint know what to say.. She came in with the sweets and was about to follow Arnav when Nani called her..  

Nani: Khushi.. Payal.. I'm arranging a pooja for Anjali's well being tomorrow.. I want you both to invite your families too..

Khushi: yes Nani..

Khushi moved out of the room after about 10 minutes and was moving to her room when she saw Arnav leaving RM for office.. Why did he have to leave now? She wanted to talk to him.. Disheartened she moved to her room..

...

2 hours later..

Khushi was in her room when Maya knocked the door.. Khushi was surprised to see her.. She asked her to come in.. Maya came in..

Maya: can I talk to you for a few minutes?

Khushi nodded..

Maya: Khushi.. I don't know if I'm even worth this but I want to apologies to you..

Khushi was stunned to hear Maya apologizing..  she was expecting harsh words from her like always..

Khushi: aunty?

Maya came forward and held Khushi's hands in hers..

Maya: I'm sorry Khushi.. I'm really very sorry For what I did with you in all these years.. I was wrong.. I shouldn't have done that.. It was never your fault..

Khushi: aunty it's ok..

Maya: no its not okay Khushi.. What I did to you was never right.. I did injustice to an innocent soul like you.. You had to endure so much because of me..

Tears were flowing down Maya's eyes now.. Khushi took her to the bed and made her sit on it with she sitting next to her..

Khushi: aunty please stop crying..

Maya: (still weeping) I kept considering you bad omen and today it's just because of you that my daughter is getting the happiness of being a mother..

Khushi: no aunty.. I never took the blame for what happened 15 years back so I won't take the credit for di's pregnancy too.. Devi Maiya can never keep a lady like di childless aunty.. She deserve every happiness in this world..

Maya was touched with khushi's words.. She could now see how wrong she was and how right her husband and her children were.. Khushi indeed had a golden heart.. She immediately hugged khushi taking her by surprise once again..

Maya: I'm sorry Khushi.. I'm extremely sorry.. I'm not even worth your forgiveness..

Khushi pulled back from the hug and wiped Maya's tears..

Khushi: don't say that aunty.. It's not your fault..  it was just destiny..

Maya nodded wiping her tears and opened a box which she had brought with her.. she removed two kangans from it and made khushi wear them..

Maya: these are our family's kangans Khushi.. They are passed on to every bahu of this house.. Dadi passed it to me and now I'm passing it on to you..

Khushi too was in tears now.. She looked at Maya with teary eyes.. Maya wiped her tears..

Maya: no more crying Khushi.. I don't want to see you crying anymore.. or else I'll go back to my angry saas mode..

Khushi laughed in-between her tears and then nodded.. Maya cupped her face and kissed her forehead.. she was about to get up when she recalled something and tuned back to Khushi..

Maya: one more thing Khushi.. I saw Arnav moving out from your room today early morning in a bad mood.. Is all okay between you two?

Khushi looked down unable to answer her and Maya understood that something was wrong between both of them..

Maya: khushi.. Now that you are chote's wife.. I'd like to tell you something..

Khushi: what is it aunty?

Maya got up and moved to the French windows looking at the pool outside..

Maya: 15 years back when you and chote got engaged.. Chote was very happy and excited.. He was excited knowing that you both will get married to each other when you grow up.. But then the accident night occurred and I forced Arav to break the engagement.. Chote was disheartened when we broke your engagement.. He tried convincing me but I dint listen to him.. He was just 12 then.. Arnav loved me too much and seeing me crying and not wanting to accept you.. he buried his wishes.. as days passed he got busy with studies and I made sure no one in this house took your name or talk anything related to you ever..

Khushi was seating on the bed hearing everything silently..

Maya: i wanted him to forget you completely.. But I failed..  9 years later when he was 21 he once again tried convincing me to at least let him talk to you once.. He still remembered you.. He knew you were fine as you were staying with Shashi and Garima.. But he wanted to talk to you once and try to bring you back..  He tried everything to convince me But I dint budge..

He was about to go against my wish and come meet you in London.. but I gave him my swear and told him that he will see me dead if he met you.. And that's it.. That was enough to stop him.. After that he never talked about you nor tried contacting you for next 6 years.. He convinced himself that you both will never be one.. He busied himself in studies and then joined Arav.. He brought AR to new heights with his hard work.. But with this he also started having uncounted affairs with his models.. He never loved any of them though because that 12 year old Arnav in him still loved you.. it continued that way until  you came back in our lives .. After meeting you he saw a new ray of hope..  And this time any of my swears dint work on him..He got you home and finally married you going against my wish..

Khushi was crying bitterly now.. She never knew that Arnav loved her so much.. Maya saw her weeping and sat next to her.. Khushi hugged her and she caressed her hair.. She then made her look at her and wiped her tears..

Maya: it's ok Khushi.. I dint wish to make you cry.. I just thought of letting you know so that you can understand chote..  He never shares his feelings easily Khushi.. He always keeps it inside his heart.. I know his not easy to read.. But you have to understand him Khushi.. It's only you who can understand him...

Khushi nodded and Maya smiled..

Maya: good.. Now wipe your tears and come down.. We have a lot to do for tomorrows pooja..

Khushi: (wiping her tears) yeah.. You go ahead ill just freshen up and come..

Maya: (smiling) okay.. Come soon..

She said that and moved down..

To be continued..