There is No Such Thing as Space (Cabin Theory Part Four)

"Come on Liv, you can't tell me I wasn't telling the truth," Asher said. Crossing her arms she paced the floor. "Asher just leave me alone" she stopped shooting a glare at him. "I want to talk" pulling her to gaze into his eyes. Shaking her head. "You have a funny way of showing it," she said pulling her arm away from him. 

"How do you expect me to react Liv? Seeing you with Spencer down by the dock. Giving him all the signs that your into him, sure says a lot" he said. Glaring into his eyes she stood there watching him. "Like your one to talk. You want to talk about summer. Let's talk about it. How was your summer Ash? Because to me, it looks like your "deeper connection" with Vanessa runs deeper than your telling me" Olivia said making air quotes. 

"Look who's talking. Stop trying to always change the subject. This is about you and Spencer" he said when she shook her head. "Of course you would try to avoid the question," she said turning around. "Kind of like you've had since I got back from Mexico. You never told me anything about your summer. What did you do? who you were with? It's like your trying to hide something" Asher asked gripping onto the sofa when Olivia stopped letting her eyes fall to the ground. 

"And what about your summer. Why didn't you tell me about Vanessa? Clearly, you were with her. I got messages saying that you miss me one day and leaving me on reading the next. Sending mixed signals to me, and telling me to come to visit you yet to my surprise, it seemed like you already had company. How did it go again? Oh, that's right you pulled her into your arms as you spun her around. Sounds familiar enough?" she asked when he stayed silent. 

"You flew to see me?" he asked now feeling guilty. "I wanted to get some clarity and see where we stood, but you were too busy spinning Vanessa to see that I had been standing there" Olivia's voice cracked. Pointing towards Vanessa, she glared at her. "It's not what it looks like" Asher quietly spoke when Olivia scoffed. "Clearly, maybe I need a prescription because maybe my eyes are playing tricks with me," Olivia said turning to face him. 

"So your really not going to tell me about you and Spencer," he said. The tears she tried to hold back, now fell down her cheek. Quickly wiping them away, she crossed her arms, looking down at the floor. They both had gotten quiet for a moment before Olivia cleared her throat. 

"What do you want to know Asher? You didn't message me for weeks. I needed someone to talk to and Spencer was the only one to check up on me. To ask if I'm okay. When was the last time you said those exact words?" she asked when he thought for a moment. "You wouldn't have been alone if you would've come with me. We wouldn't even be in this mess" Asher said when she scoffed. "So it's my fault?" Olivia rolled her eyes. 

"Well...yeah" Asher stumbled over his words. "I wonder if I would've gone on the trip with you, would you still have found a way to be with another girl?" she asked when he shrugged. "I guess by the way of your look right now, my heart would've been broken either way" she continued. "Olivia, you left me alone on a trip by myself what do you expect me to do? Just like you, I was lonely. The girl I loved from back home, didn't want to come and see me at the time" he said. 

"Yeah, and the boy I loved, didn't care enough to call or to see how I was doing. Seems like to me, we are both at fault" Olivia sighed deeply when the back door to the cabin slammed shut. Both Asher and Olivia turned to see Vanessa, JJ, and Spencer standing there. "Yeah...that's definitely how it seems" Asher fell to a whisper.  Reaching his hand to touch her, he stopped midway pulling his hand back and into his pocket. Without another word, both Asher and Olivia walked out of the cabin in opposite directions. Olivia stopped in front of Vanessa as she shook her head. 

"Next time you want to butt yourself into someone else's relationship and stir up the drama in the group, just make sure you weren't the cause of it. Because right now you are looking very foolish. Because just as much as my secret came out tonight, so did yours. Congratulations, if this is what you wanted, then you really are far worse I thought. Times up, guess everyone is going to see your true colors after tonight" Olivia said as she gave her a condescending smile. 

Moving past Vannessa. Olivia stopped for a moment as her eyes met Spencers. Cutting off their gaze, her eyes burned as the tears fell down her cheek. Softly nudging spencer Olivia, made her way outside, and down the stairs, when Layla leaned against the cabin crossing her arms, as their eyes met. "So the part about your sponsor? I'm guessing it was all a lie? Or the part where you said you didn't go to Vegas? To see Spencer?" Layla blurted out. Olivia slowed to a stop as she came just a few feet away from her. Olivia shook her head as she scoffed. 

"I love how you've been high and mighty on your horse, waiting for my downfall. You've been waiting for this night and I wouldn't be surprised if you invited Vanessa for your own favor. Way to be a great girlfriend by the way. Clearly, you don't know how to read the room. Inviting everyone to come up here. I'm thinking you already knew Vanessa was going to rile up Asher and this was about to happen. You and Asher are the same in so many ways, unbelievable. After everything, I told you, and how Vanessa made me feel, and yet you still invited her? For a moment I forgot what a great friend you were. And before you go and tell me that I've been a bad friend too, you should go and look in the mirror. Just as much as I've been a shitty friend, so have you" Olivia said when Layla stayed quiet looking down to the ground. Without another word, Olivia walked away, needing to get some space, she knew she needed to get far away from everyone.