Early Morning Facetime Calls: (Early Morning Series Part One)

It was a quarter past five in the morning. The world had been quiet, leaving a sense of peacefulness throughout. Only a few were awake, leaving for work in the early mornings. But the majority hadn't awoken. It was still dark as night outside, with an hour, until sunrise, most of the city had still been asleep. There were no sounds, of children rushing to the bus, the ambulance blaring its sirens, and Spencer's alarm ringing for him to start his day. Unlike most mornings, he'd wake with his alarm, hitting the snooze button until his mother would come in and wake him. And when it was Dillon's turn, Spencer would wake with his little brother tackling him. Giving him a bear hug until he awoke. 

But this morning had been different. A first for him. Waking up a few minutes before his alarm, he stayed in bed, quiet as can be to not awake the girl sleeping on the other end of the facetime call. He couldn't help but smile at Olivia. Spencer had thought she must've forgotten to hang up the phone last night. Leaving the call on all through the night. Spencer didn't mind nor did he want to hang up. Olivia had been the best part of his day, and to wake up to her sleeping on the other end of the call, made his day. He wanted nothing more than to be cuddled next to her. Making her coffee and breakfast in the morning. 

Spencer knew taking it slow was the best for the both of them. They had both just gotten out of a relationship, and rushing into another would end in heartbreak. Although Spencer was ready to be with Olivia, he knew if they would move too fast, too soon, Olivia would pull away. This relationship had already felt different compared to his others. With Olivia, he didn't feel the need to rush. It somehow had felt like he had his whole life to be with her. He wanted to take his time, but also give her the time she needs to be comfortable in their relationship. Although it felt natural, Spencer's fear is that one day Olivia is going to wake up and think differently. Running away to escape from hurting the both of them out of the fear of losing him. Olivia left him in Las Vegas, and Spencer had been nervous she would feel the same way.

The bed rustled on the other end of the call when Spencer's eyes met Olivia's. "Good morning Spencer" Olivia whispered. With grogginess in her voice, it cracked with every word she spoke. Giving him a loving smile, she could tell something had been on his mind. "Good morning Liv," Spencer said. Giving her a smile he hadn't noticed he had been holding his breath. He exhaled deeply, trying to stay present with Olivia. Fighting his thoughts from thinking of what will happen tomorrow. "I missed these calls we would do over the summer" Olivia spoke softly. "What was our longest call yet?" Spencer asked. 

"If I could remember correctly it was a good twelve hours" Olivia smiled. "Vampire movie marathon". "How could I forget? That was the day you asked for space, yet you called me that same evening for our movie marathon," Spencer said."That was the day. I was scared, Spencer. I was scared because I felt myself falling for you. I wanted us to be together so badly but in the back of my mind, I knew we were both in relationships, we should've left long before. But we live and we learn. I couldn't stay away for long, and I regretted asking for space. That's why I called you that same evening. Summer was everything to me, Spencer. It was just the both of us, and when we were not together those were the days, I missed the most. You know I wished I would've shown up at your door that day. Who would've known only a month and a half later we would take some time apart" Olivia said. 

Her smile faded thinking back to the weeks after Las Vegas. Lowering her eyes, she cleared her throat. "I wish I would've shown up at yours. Even after everything that had happened, I should've. Those were the hardest weeks of my life, Liv. Going from calling you every day to not even getting a good morning text. It was hard, no doubt. I don't know...just being able to be with you now, makes me think about the time we missed" Spencer said. Sitting on his bed, his eyes were fixated on the floor. 

"I guess everything happens for a reason, Spence. Who knows how different it would've been or if we would be talking. Timing is everything, and right now, ours is perfect" Olivia said. Spencer met Olivia's eyes, giving her a smile. "You know what I missed most about you?" Spencer asked. "Tell me, is it my goofy jokes, or random late-night rambles?" Olivia said.